Good spot in the Southwest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbaspop

Greetings fellow RV?ers,

I am on the road traveling solo in a class C - currently in Provo, Utah. I am looking for a place in the Southwestern states where I can hang out for a month or two. I am specifically looking for something near water where I can fish and kayak and I also want privacy. In a perfect world, I would love to have utilities, however, I will sacrifice the hook ups and dry camp so that I can have the privacy.

Following is my request in bullets:
- Decent weather through November and December
- Privacy
- Water for fishing and kayaking/swimming
- Internet access (if available)
- Utilities (if available), otherwise, reasonable distance to water and propane supply and dump site

Any specific location recommendations? 

Thank you ?

Eric

Greater Phoenix area (far north) You could rotate between the BLM and forest service land (boondock) near Lake Pleasant, Horseshoe, Bartlett and Roosevelt Lakes. I think it is a 14 day stay permit. Lake Pleasant has an excellent RV park, no privacy.

Alamo Lake State Park in Northern Arizona is a bit remote but has water access.  The entire length of the Colorado River between Lake Havasu and Parker Dam has numerous riverside RV parks or you can boondock in the desert.

Imperial Dam LTVA near Yuma is a large BLM boondocking area with central water, dump and trash stations and has nearby access to the Senator Wash and Imperial reservoirs, the Colorado River and the Mittry Lake Wildlife area.

Back
Top Bottom