Any idea what this is covering?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jymbee

Looks like it might be an access panel of some kind but can't figure out what it's for on our 2012 Fleetwood Bounder.

Attachments

• coversm.jpg
    coversm.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 198
Rene T said:
Have you opened it?

Sorry-- I should have mentioned the obvious in that I can not see any way to remove or open this piece. I will do some more poking around tomorrow.

Sure wish my spare tire was that easy to access.  This one must be blocked by the hitch so they made a great way to get it out.  Please tell us if you find a way to remove the door.

Bill

It looks as if the door to the left has been removed and is held with push pins. Try just pulling it strait out and off.>>>Dan

Utclmjmpr said:
It looks as if the door to the left has been removed and is held with push pins. Try just pulling it strait out and off.>>>Dan
Unless I'm missing something (quite possible), that "door to the left" is a blurred out license plate, and the push pins are lights for the plate.

I thought so to, until I noticed the length to height ratio was wrong. The fasteners for that cover may be on the back side>>>Dan

Wonder what you can see on the left side of this 'door' (to the right edge of the license plate)?  The little extension on the top left of the 'door' may be a hinge point so I wonder if it flips up and has a release below.  Just a WAG.

Bill

I have something similar on my Allegro Open road.  It is to access the holding tanks if necessary.  There are a couple a nuts/bolts behind the door thats holds closed.  Hope this helps.

Larry N. said:
Unless I'm missing something (quite possible), that "door to the left" is a blurred out license plate, and the push pins are lights for the plate.

Yes that's right. I will be back at the coach tomorrow and poke around a bit. Will update info...

Since it evidently wasn't intended to be opened I'm guessing it's just a blanking cover, similar to a radio delete plate on old cars before radios came standard. The MH end cap could be used on another model that requires that opening for whatever reason. Or, I could be totally off base and not know what I'm talking about...chances are about the same.

retusn said:
I have something similar on my Allegro Open road.  It is to access the holding tanks if necessary.  There are a couple a nuts/bolts behind the door thats holds closed.  Hope this helps.

Finally got a chance to get back and crawl around under the coach. There's at least a dozen or so bolts holding it in and I could see, but not read a label that was attached. I was able to hold the cell phone up there and take a picture. Sure wouldn't want to be the one that had to take this thing off as access to those bolts was very limited! I'll attach that pic & a better shot of the rear.

Attachments

• panel_sm.jpg
    panel_sm.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 75
  • panel_label_sm.jpg
    panel_label_sm.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 87
Boy, I wish I had one.  I've got a black tank flush line that's cracked and they tell me the only way to get to it is remove the tank.

jymbee said:
Finally got a chance to get back and crawl around under the coach. There's at least a dozen or so bolts holding it in and I could see, but not read a label that was attached. I was able to hold the cell phone up there and take a picture. Sure wouldn't want to be the one that had to take this thing off as access to those bolts was very limited! I'll attach that pic & a better shot of the rear.

FINALLY! -  A label that does NOT read MADE IN CHINA.

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinldy71
Back
Top Bottom