Dryer Lint Screen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't owned an 802 for several years now, but this link to the Splendide parts manual may help. The WD802M section starts on page 20.

http://www.splendide.com/service/Combo_PartsBreakDown.pdf

Okay.  I've had mine apart a couple of times.  Behind the filter is the pump(also made of plastic).  It's connected to the drum by a rubber hose with a couple of squeeze clamp.  Also connected to the back of the pump is the drain hose. 
When I had mine out to fix the dryer problem, it was in and out a couple of times, plus the guy pulled it out when he was fixing the plumbing.
When I finally got it hooked back up, it would leak when the water was being pumped out of the washer.  What I found was that in removing and installing the thing, too much pressure had been put on the drain hose and it was almost pulled off the nipple.  Enough so that the water had started bypassing the clamp.  I reseated the drain line and it quit leaking.  Of course, this was after I'd had the local heat and air place make me a drain tray for it.

To remove the machine:  Pull the wooden retainer bar off the front.  Grab the washer and pull it out a few inches.  Remove the access panel in the water closet.  You can access the electric plug and the shutoff valves through there.  You can also reach way up in there and access the drain line to pull it out of the coach plumbing.  Go to the outside of the coach and remove the exhaust vent.  You should be able to pull it out enough to disconnect the flex duct from the vent(leave it with the machine).  Once the vent hose, the electric plug, and the drain hose are disconnected, I had enough slack in the water hoses to pull the washer all the way out.  Once it's out of the hole you can disconnect the hoses.
The pump and all the plumbing can be accessed by laying the washer on it's side.

Thanks Guys
I have to do it today. We woke up to water on the floor and we have not used it for a few of days, Jan has been using the laundry facilities
here. We had gentle rain all night and I need to know if it is the washer or rainwater getting in. It is odd cause a couple of days ago we found water inside the drum. The last time we used it was for drying. Now we find that even just using the dryer it leaks water.

I have the plug out and the water turned off but something is holding the drain hose in. It won't budge.

Old_Crow said:
The screen behind the door in the lower right corner actually removes lint from the water. My DW cleans it every 3 or 4 loads.  No actual lint screen in the dryer exhaust, but other than the lint that builds up in the louvers of the exhaust port, there isn't much in the tube.  As John said, it's only a few inches long.
I agree.

OK, got the drain hose out and pulled the machine, got it on its side.

mudshark said:
The only evidence I can see is coming from the water pump.

Is it leaking from the pump or the hose(s) attached to the pump?

I'm mostly asking so your not talking to yourself ;D

Thanks Gizmo100
It is Sunday, no one is around and at least I have my wife to talk to. And the beer is cold! We are sitting here waiting for silicon sealer to cure. She
found a slow leak in a water line behind the washer. Although the washer is leaking, the water pipe ain't helping the situation. So I shutoff the water to the bus and drained the cold water side. We will see soon if we stopped that problem. Vibration is a killer in these older coaches.

To get back to your question: when the washer leak was discovered I could see water dripping from the area of the water pump. Once I got the washer out and on its side I could see the hoses were dry. But, taking the screws out that hold the water pump to the frame, one came out slightly rusted and wet. And it happens to be right under the pump shaft.

Rusted and wet...Not  good thing

Sometimes the convenience of having them is outweighed by the inconvenience of having to fix them.

Hang in there

Thanks
Of course, being Sunday, nothing is open. Can't find the pump on line or the pump seal kit. Being 20 years old, I am not getting a warm & fuzzy
feeling about getting replacement parts. We re faced with spending $1200+ for a new one. For now I will hook it up as a dryer only until I can call
Splendide. They are my last resort for parts.

$1200 OUCH

Just thinking out loud here....$1200 will get a lot of quarters at the laundry mat ;D ;D

We were thinking the same thing. We calculated out...it would take two years to break even.
But we have to consider the convenience of having one on board vs taking it to a facility.

mudshark said:
We were thinking the same thing. We calculated out...it would take two years to break even.
But we have to consider the convenience of having one on board vs taking it to a facility.

Two years actually isn't very long, it adds tangible value to your RV so you get some back when you sell, and you'll never have a damp towel again. Wouldn't be without one

mudshark said:

It all depends...If she takes off to do the laundry...You get a 2 hour nap. :))
If she sends you to do the laundry....She get a 2 hour nap :)(

Back2PA said:
Two years actually isn't very long, it adds tangible value to your RV so you get some back when you sell, and you'll never have a damp towel again. Wouldn't be without one

And it makes for a happy wife...Maybe you better start washer shopping.

Do you have the manual for the Splendide?  If so, there's a phone number in there to contact the company.  When I needed that fusible link, the only place I could find it was from the company.  They had 'em in stock and shipped quick. 

A fine example of the CPVC plumbing.  Good luck with the sealant on that pipe.  I had a crack in the elbow of the drain line where it meets the drain from the kitchen headed back toward the grey tank.  Couldn't find that elbow(in ABS)anywhere.  Lots had it in PVC, and finally one guy said,"I've got this glue that works on PVC and ABS."  At that point I bought the PVC elbow and a can of glue.

If you end up replacing the machine, you might check with that salvage yard in Phoenix.  I know the place I went to in Carthage, Mo. had stacks of them.

mudshark said:
Thanks
Of course, being Sunday, nothing is open. Can't find the pump on line or the pump seal kit. Being 20 years old, I am not getting a warm & fuzzy
feeling about getting replacement parts. We re faced with spending $1200+ for a new one. For now I will hook it up as a dryer only until I can call
Splendide. They are my last resort for parts.

FWIW, I got mine from PPL around the first of December for $959. Not sure what the price is now. I also had it shipped to my work, which saved a bit of money. I backed my pickup to the back of his truck, he lowered the lift, then we slid it right into my truck.

Hi Guys
Yes, I will call this morning. I have the phone number and the part numbers for both the pump and the seal kit. Hopefully,they will have one or the other. I am reluctant to go back to Arizona RV Salvage. I had to chase them for a solid month to get my money back on a part I returned. I ended
up driving there and standing there until I got my money back. Even if I bought one I have no way to get it back to the bus.

The leak is a whole different kettle of fish. I tried twice with the silicone sealant. I still had a drip as of yesterday. I haven't checked it this morning. I will probably start a new thread for that one. I am wondering if it will stop if and when the weather warms up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom