1992 Alegra Bay Help please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RnJRV

We have a 1992 Alegra Bay Pusher gifted to us by a dear relative who has passed away. We are having trouble figuring out even basic things like the buttons around the kitchen area and door. We have the Owner's Manual but it doesn't seem to cover any of that stuff. We are trying to get the hot water tank going but are stuck on that. Anyone out there familiar with this RV? Thank you!

I do not know where you are but; find a good mobile RV repair person and have him/her come out and show you what everything is. VIdeo the process for later reference. This will accomplish 2 things for you. You will have a chance to see if you and the mobile repair serviceman are a good fit and you will have a resource for future problems. I would not take it to an RV dealer for any service work, IMO mobile service person is the way to go for all house related and many chassis related problem. A good independent truck shop is the best bet for major chassis work.
Maybe if you post your location someone will have a recommendation if not call a local campground and ask who they reccommend otherwise
Try finding a reputable person at rvservicereviews.com

Thank you very much! Good info. The closest RV shop is an hour away and they didn't have very good reviews so I will look into finding someone mobile.

I'm not familiar with that one, but if you posted photos & descriptions of some of the buttons in question, I'll bet we could figure most of them out.

What make/model water heater?  We need to figure out if it is gas only or gas+ electric, and whether it has switches on the heater itself or remotes only.  If its gas & electric, there will be separate on/off switches for each. The most common brands are Atwood and Suburban, but back in 1992 there were others, e.g. American.  What have you found or tried so far with the heater?

As far as the water heater, there's one thing you have to do before trying to light it and that's make sure it's full of water. Don't even guess if it's full. You may be getting water out of the hot water faucets but that doesn't mean much. There are valves behind the heater which may be in bypass mode and if they are and if you have a electric element, you'll burn up the element real fast if the tank is empty.
You need someone with a little experience to go over everything.
Take pictures and post them here like Gary said especially the back side of the heater.

Back
Top Bottom