Compact Fireplace with Big Heat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks nice! We got the ?fireplace? option in our coach, and I must say I like it much more than I thought I would. It is a popular option, so I thought it would,help resale, if we ever sold. Not only is it a nice heater, out of the way, but the little ?fire? flickers are really quite nice.

We too have a fireplace in our rig, and when not used for heat, we'll just have the flicker of the fake fire for ambiance (there is something about the light movement that my eyes like). If we had a small trailer with no fireplace, we'd be interested in a unit like this because it would give us a sense of coziness.

I installed an actual fireplace that produces 10K BTU of heat (LPG), with all the ambiance and looks I like, AND enough heat to really warm up the coach in a short time. Stop by anytime and take a look.>>>Dan

Utclmjmpr said:
I installed an actual fireplace that produces 10K BTU of heat (LPG), with all the ambiance and looks I like, AND enough heat to really warm up the coach in a short time. Stop by anytime and take a look.>>>Dan

Need pictures to prove your case.  ;D :D ;) :)

One big selling point of our camper was TWO fireplaces, with one in the bedroom, one in living room.  I can only use one at a time the way they are wired.  As Tom  said 1500 watts is 1500 watts, but no reason those 1500 watts can't look good!  Ours will definitely take the chill off a room!  I think you will LOVE it!

grashley said:
One big selling point of our camper was TWO fireplaces, with one in the bedroom, one in living room.  I can only use one at a time the way they are wired.  As Tom  said 1500 watts is 1500 watts, but no reason those 1500 watts can't look good!  Ours will definitely take the chill off a room!  I think you will LOVE it!

Yep. We have the built-in Electric Fireplace option.. between it and a small 800w wall heater I built into an unused shelf area in the bathroom.. keeps the place nice'n toasty. They do a really good job of augmenting the gas Furnace in Real cold temps too.

We have one of those heaters for our living room and it works great. We use it to warm up on those chilly mornings where an actual fire is too big. I think the heater is good investment for an RV. They are small in size and big on heat, perfect. But don't expect it to heat your entire RV, unless it is a small camper then it might. Good find, DearMissMermaid

A $15, 1500 watt Mainstays electric heater from Walmart produces just as much heat as a 1500 watt fireplace.  Since it's much smaller than a fireplace it stores nicely out of sight when I don't need it.

Lou,
Agreed.  Depends on if your priority is small, easy to store and inexpensive heater or if your priority is an attractive small fireplace that will help warm the camper.

Don't let the naysayers get you down.  We love ours, a little bigger in size I guess, but it is a nice touch.  In our A we set it behind (as in front to back of coach), of the doghouse.  It can show just the flame for ambiance or put out heat,  Nice on a cold morning. 

1500 watts is 2500 watts, that is true.  But it is a fun 1500 watts.  the smaller ones will give you the heat and be smaller to store, but they just look like a cube heater.

My two-cents:  I have heard a lot of people who believe or say that these electric "fake"...I should say "simulated"... electric fireplaces put out more heat than an plain electric heater.  I always answer: "Wait, that fireplace heater is 1500 watts max same as my little heater.  It puts out more heat?  How it do dat, magic??  So, I'm not being fooled by the advertisements...However, I love those fireplace heaters.  I don't have the room for one but if I did I would have one.  Three of my friends have them in their RVs and they look great and even make you feel warm when the heat part is not On..  Some have them on all year round.  You do not have to turn the heat part On.  So, if you buy one because you think they put out more heat, you have been fooled.  If you buy one because you like the fireplace look and have the room, Good on you! It's all about what you like not what someone else says you should like or dislike!

I am amazed at the hilarious posts here!

I only mentioned it for those of us that love the ambiance of a FIRE.

Sure a heater is a heater, but the fun factor of having a fireplace is fun indeed! I love my fireplace ambiance.  ;D

Lately it's been chilly and I've enjoyed firing up the fireplace. :)

At night I sleep with cold air in the winter (minimal or no heat) and use a cozy toasty mattress warmer but once I get up I want to warm up the rig.

Typically my 1500 watt fireplace keeps the rig very warm and cozy. I LOVE the fireplace ambiance.

Last winter when it was super cold I would fire up the propane furnace to bring the rig up to temp, then shut that down and let the fireplace maintain the warmth.  That worked very well and my propane usage was minimal.

The TINY fireplace mentioned in the original post is so tiny, it would fit in most RV  bedrooms for those that want the romance and ambiance of a fire. It would also fit most anywhere in small RV's like my old Class C motorhome.

I enjoy beauty and function. :)

Just noticed you changed rigs!  I have not been active for a bit, so missed it.  Congrats.  Our fireplace is the Duraflame, but has legs, and heat output is at bottom. 

Yes, I found the nay-res amusing and missing the entire point. 

Back
Top Bottom