Project update: Floating Deck addition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrlegoman

We think we're parked at this spot for the next year to 3. So decided to put together a floating deck to cover the main entrance. Actually a couple weeks of planning and was able to throw it together in less then a day. All 12 ft pieces, so no cuts. I did use joist hangers which is completely overkill for the time frame we're going to use it. Also screwed the top deck down instead of using a nail gun, so that took almost 1/2 the time. But we know it's solid and I feel good about it. Overall project cost ending up being probably around $600.

I think I've attached a picture. How else can you add an image to your post?

Attachments

• floating deck.jpg
    floating deck.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 110
Please tell me about the blocks under your front landing gear!

I need something, preferably not too heavy, for under my rear stabilizers at home.  16 inches or so high, total.

grashley said:

I need something, preferably not too heavy, for under my rear stabilizers at home.  16 inches or so high, total.

Gordon, when I go home, I don't even lower the rears. One less thing to do when it's time to hook up.

grashley said:

Those are retaining wall caps from one of my projects from home. 18x12x4  But they're concrete, so they weigh about 50lbs each.  The front had too much sway (imo at least) with the arms extended all the way down. Some people suggested cinder blocks, but I had a few extra of these cap blocks laying around.

Lou Schneider said:
Looks good!  Now you need a step or two to get from the deck to the ground.  ;)
That's next on the agenda. I've got a whole pallet of half brick pavers that I'm going to do something with. Gonna try to work some steps in there somewhere.

We are in and out of the camper frequently.  Our granddaughter likes to play out there.  It is my hideout / man cave.

The front is practically on the ground, so no extra blocking needed.  The rear stabilizers are about 30 inches off the ground with 28 inches max travel.  I have used concrete blocks, but I need 2 or 3 each side, and they are NOT light - or stable if 3 high.

While it is clearly usable without rear stabilizers, the motion is quite evident.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom