Need exhaust help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frotosride

1997 Holiday Rambler, 32 foot class A with a Chevy chassis. Vin=1GBLP37N2S3327646 7.4L 454 BBC
I understand all the ups and downs of installing headers so it is a definite but I am at a loss trying to find any specific to the P37 chassis. Id imagine that this is a modern version of the P30 chassis but investing enough money to get headers and only hoping they fit isn't fun. Any help in this search would be great! Thanks in advance!

Have you contacted major manufacturers like Hedmann, Doug Thorley, Edelbrock and others for their recommendations? I doubt you will find headers specifically for a motorhome application, it is not a hot rod, but maybe something for a light truck would work.

"P30" chassis is just a generic label for the family of Chevrolet (and later Workhorse) that have a P3x in the VIN, where "x" can be a 2 or 7 in a Class A motorhome.  The P is for the "Forward Control" type and the 3 indicates one-ton or greater capacity, and the additional x digit defines a sub-type (and can actually be 1-9, but most of the other numbers are not suitable for a motorhome chassis).  You might even find a few smaller motorhomes built on a P12 chassis.  There is no such thing as an actual P30, though.

Roy M said:
Have you contacted major manufacturers like Hedmann, Doug Thorley, Edelbrock and others for their recommendations? I doubt you will find headers specifically for a motorhome application, it is not a hot rod, but maybe something for a light truck would work.
I have found some motor home specific ones it's the chassis info that I was unsure of. Thanks

John From Detroit said:
Google Ultra Power and see if they can help you... UP is a competitor to Banks. lower in cost but similure in effect.
I will surely check them out tonight.

darsben said:
I went with NAPA
Balkamp 335-3649
Exact fit for my rig. They asked for VIN
which is 1GBKP37W7K332*****
I will look these up as well.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
"P30" chassis is just a generic label for the family of Chevrolet (and later Workhorse) that have a P3x in the VIN, where "x" can be a 2 or 7 in a Class A motorhome.  The P is for the "Forward Control" type and the 3 indicates one-ton or greater capacity, and the additional x digit defines a sub-type (and can actually be 1-9, but most of the other numbers are not suitable for a motorhome chassis).  You might even find a few smaller motorhomes built on a P12 chassis.  There is no such thing as an actual P30, though.
Thanks for clearing that up Gary. So if I'm understanding you correctly the P30 in a general family class that is modified for use. So the likely hood of an aftermarket product advertised for P30 chassis should fit the majority of models.

John From Detroit said:
Google Ultra Power and see if they can help you... UP is a competitor to Banks. lower in cost but similure in effect.
Ive googled and do not see anyone with this name other than clothing

Back
Top Bottom