Harvest Hosts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CA Escapee

Has anyone joined Harvest Hosts and used their members.  Is it typically for one night or a couple of nights?  I see they ask you to spend $20 or so with the host for some product they offer. Is it worth it - other thoughts.

The rules say one night only. You may not ask for a second night. However a host may ask and you may accept one additional night (only).

In two years we've used maybe five locations and enjoyed our night. I think the least we've spent was $12 for museum entrance and the high was $230. (We liked the wine) So don't look at it as a free camping spot. We've always been well received.

Harvest Hosts have been adding new locations and I think you will continue to see this with the new owners.

The down side for us is that we tend to travel too late or too far in a day to make arrival before a business closes.

The first thing to do is check their map. 

We were members last year and spent the night at McMinville Museum for a night.  We got into the museum cheap too as it was Father's day so Steve got in free.  However, that was the only place we stayed on our route.  So that cost us $40 plus the entrance to the museum (which we are always happy to pay as these places are important to retain).

Also if you don't often stay for just 1 night in places then you might want to think about it.

Seemed easy to use though and it is a good idea.

We love Harvest Hosts and stay at them often. We've been to wineries, farms, orchards, museums, etc. The $20 reference is just an overall suggestion/estimate and doesn't apply to each stop. We were just at an air museum that was $5 and the previous one was $12 for the two of us. It's a great program and highly recommend it. 

Back
Top Bottom