Toad...??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jerry@1952

What Kind Of car or SUV can you tow easily.. ( on A Dolly ) I`ve  listened to several dealers & I`m more confused than when I started . Anyone..?? 

Cars come in several types. I see someone up-thread provided the link to REMCO. so I won't

Some can be towed 4 down by adding nothing more than the tow hardware (Baseplate and a tow bar set) and aux-braking system

Some like my old towed you can add an axle lock or drive shaft disconnect system. These basically turn the car into a 4-wheel wagon.. No power to the wheels. If you were to get into it wile the axle is "Unlocked" or the drive shaft disconnected fire it up put it in gear and hit the gas the speredometer would shoot uip but.. You'd not move (Ant-thet device as well :) ).

Some (like my Current towed) I added a Transmission LUBE pump. This circulates fluid through the tranny to keep it lubricated.. There is a feed back system should it fail.

Some you need to add a switch or pull a fuse to make things work right.

Some can only be towed on a dolly .. Some on a trailer.. And some (Some Lincolns fall in this group) you really should not tow at all.

Also on all FORD (Including lincoln and mercury and I suspect Jag's) You need to know the location of the fuel cutoff reset.... Just in case you hit a big enough pot hole with the towed.  I did with my wife's Mercury Tracer.. Thankfully I knew where the button was. Note I WAS DRIVING IT at the time, not towing it so you really should know the location of that button EVEN if you are NOT towing the car.

I knew because ... Well State Police Dispatcher.. had to describe it to many troopers. I'd call Enterprise's emergency number and they gave me the location from their copy of the owner's manual.> Handy books those owner's manuals.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom