The Morning Catch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron

Moderator Emeritus
When I showed the photo of a mornings catch last time out fishing to Fred and Jim, Fred suggested I post a copy of the photo for Terry B. :D

Attachments

• The Morning Catch (Medium).jpg
    The Morning Catch (Medium).jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 114
I'd  Love too  But what I 've been afraid of for some time appears to be about to occur.  On July 10th I'll find out when they will do surgery for an aneurysm on my back that has been really effecting my system for a long time.  The Dr/ today told me that when they are less than half this size it's necessary to have it taken care of. I got scolded pretty good for not having it do  a few years ago.  But what do I know, I'm no DR. Also said with it's location and size he can't believe I,m able to do what I do.  Told him that if I didn't do these things nobody else would..  Any way  the surgeon is who I see on the 10th and let him decide when.  And it better be soon cause I'm leaving  end of Aug regardless.  Next year I plan on coming to Montana and visit several places there.

Good looking stringer Ron.  We should be up near West Yellowstone direction second week in July then need to be in Oregon by 23rd of July.  HAven't looked at a map but might be by your way....tim

Come on over to Sam's Camp.  Fishing has been great.  Lewistown is in the center of MT 104 miles East of Great Falls or 100 miles North and 30 mile west of Billings.

Went out fishing again yesterday evening about 17:30 and again caught our limit.  See attached photo. 

Better come on by Sam's Camp Fred so we can go fishing.

Attachments

• Fishing MT (Medium).jpg
    Fishing MT (Medium).jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 54
Nice looking fish, Ron.  I don't catch 'em, I just eat 'em!

ArdraF

Smoky said:
Ron, will the fishing still be good in early August (maybe late July).  That is our ETA for Sam's on our western trek back.

It is hard to say.  Sometimes the fishing is good into August and sometimes there is too much growth in the lake later in the season.  I will be fishing till it isn't good anymore so I will keep you advised.  Hope it continues to be good.  I am sure you would enjoy it.  It is always nice when you can constantly catch your limit of nice size fish.

Well after seeing your fish catch today  Wife and I went out and had Cod tonight.  It was decent , probably the best around here close.  They sure need a lesson in cooking out here.

Howdy.
Well, we have a morning catch too, here in Buena Vista, CO. Fish were caught at Cottonwood lake. Courtesy of Jack and Cole Pearce.  They were delicious. 

Regards,
Liz

Attachments

• Cole_rainbow_trout_Cottonwood Lake_CO.jpg
    Cole_rainbow_trout_Cottonwood Lake_CO.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 46
  • wild_trout.jpg
    wild_trout.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF0009.JPG
    DSCF0009.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 42
Shayne said:
Poooooooooooooooh on both of you, I had to eat pond fed cod LOL

The fish we catch are from a lake that has fresh water shrimp which gives the flesh that  pink color and the great flavor.

Back
Top Bottom