Consumer Cellular Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry N.

I just got a notice from Consumer Cellular that our data allowance has been upgraded from 2GB/month to 5GB/month at no change in cost (still $20/mo). Looking at their web site, they now offer up to 20GB/month for $40/mo. Of course that's only the data plan.

We're paying the same price now for Unlimited voice and text plus the 5GB/data as we did 7 or 8 years ago for 250 minutes (not sure on text) and 400 MB/mo data, after periodic upgrades over the years. Though it's now $15/mo for a line ($20 for unlimited text/voice), we're still at the previous $10/mo per line (with AARP discount), so no increase in cost for us.

We've been happy with this, and it's still more than we ever use, even though we have two lines using the same data. Granted that other folks' needs vary, but this is our experience.

We got the same notice.  We have been very pleased with our Consumer Cellular service.  Now we can watch even more cat videos.

My wife's Boost Mobile monthly plan has gotten similar free upgrades over the years. The data has increased from 2GB/month, to 2GB + 500mb added progressively for each on-time payment (max 5GB), now to 5GB period. Plus the price has dropped from $35 + tax, to $30 + tax, now to $30 even. That's unlimited talk/text also.

It sounds like Consumer Cellular is $20/month for the same service options, so I might have to check that out for her phone. My rarely-used personal phone is on Tracfone, so I pay around $100/year ($8/month) to keep it active. That gets me 1200 minutes/1200 texts/1200mb data which I rarely deplete, and if I do I can easily add more as-needed for $5-10 at a time (not monthly).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom