RV parking in St Augustine FL?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ricknc

Thinking of heading down there for a few days in January. No sure if we want to stay in St Augustine or somewhere else and just do a day trip to see the historic district. Anyone know of legal parking near the historic district for  a 23' X 8' class A?

There probably are places to park sort of near the historic district, but St. Augustine streets are pretty cramped in any case.
If camping in the St. Augustine area I'd be inclined to use Uber or Lyft to/from the historic area.

There was a youtube video I watched last year that showed RV parking on a gravel lot I think by a park there.  They were given directions to this public RV parking by the tourist center.

It was rather round about, but the relevant part was towards the end of the video, a map to the rv parking lot is shown at about 4:20 It shows as the lot being next to something called Francis Field

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl74NiKtG8o

We have a member who's name is Brad. He lives someplace in that area. Hopefully he'll read this and chime in.

Isaac-1 said:
There was a youtube video I watched last year that showed RV parking on a gravel lot I think by a park there.  They were given directions to this public RV parking by the tourist center.

It was rather round about, but the relevant part was towards the end of the video, a map to the rv parking lot is shown at about 4:20 It shows as the lot being next to something called Francis Field

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl74NiKtG8o

Thanks, I did an aerial G-Map search and there is a bus/rv parking lot on the west side of Francis Field off of Castillo St. Looks promising!

There was a parking area along Riberia Street off Castillo Street along US-1. No idea if it's still available. It's not for overnight parking.

I'm no expert on St Aug, but I do live in the area.

The official oversized parking area is here
29.898389, -81.318972

It's the one others have previously mentioned off Castillo Dr.  Large enough for the biggest of charter buses, etc...  and I don't think I've ever seen it full, except maybe when they have an occasional festival in the field there.

Sadly it's a bit of a walk, but not too far.  It's always struck me that the city of St Aug doesn't go all out to welcome RV'ers.
Anyway, the Visitor's info center is on the opposite side of the parking garage form here.  From there, you can get the tourist trolley rides, etc..
I'm not aware of anything better close to the old town area....but at 23ft you might be a bit more likely to find on-street parking maybe (?)
When we go there by car, if we don't get into one of the close lots we'll usually find street parking somewhere with the several block area of this neighborhood.  29.895623, -81.315900 
Not sure if that would work for you, but maybe at 23ft....

Additionally, there is a county ordinance against parking overnight anywhere...no walmarts, etc...

If you can get in, Anastasia State Park is nearby and is a very popular campground.  Others nearby that I know of
a private CG over on Vilano Beach (I've never stayed there but have heard good things)
Stagecoach RV Park is a private place out by the outlet malls and the highway.  Lots of permanent or long term folks there, but it looks nice enough I suppose. (I've never stayed there but have driven through a couple times for a look)
Cooksey's RV park closer to town, lots of permanent residents & does not look nice to me, but it's probably an option.
and there's a KOA out on St Aug beach

We were very pleased with Compass RV Park. Close to town but also is on a trolley stop.

Bobby's brother lives there. Rather than stay at his house, we stay at Compass if we can't get into Anastasia. Another brother once stayed at the KOA and said he would never go back.

Thanks everyone for the replies and advice. I confirmed with the city that we can park at Francis Field ( no overnight) We are going to stay at North Beach.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom