Storage cover suggestions???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rustywrench

We just recently bought a used Forest River Wildcat Maxx 30' 5th wheel. Now that winter is knocking at our door, I'm thinking maybe I should get a cover for it for the winter. I have no experience using a cover and would like suggestions. We live in SE Idaho so winters include snow, ice, rain and high winds.......sometimes all in the same hour. Thanks in advance for any guidance anyone can provide............

Attachments

• First trip out 10 12 18.jpg
    First trip out 10 12 18.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 19
Trailer Life ran a nice article on storage covers back in September.
Here's the link.
http://www.trailerlife.com/rv-gear/gear/undercover-rvs/

Happy Camping!

My personal opinion is that I would never get one. Not only could it be dangerous for me trying to install one (it can be a big parachute)  but with winds, if there is any grit on the RV sides, it could damage the finish. And you said that you have high winds in the winter. If it's not tied down real good, there's a good chance you will have issues.

I have wondered whether the wind rubbing a cover on the finish would be worse than it just setting out in the weather. Hopefully next winter I can get some covered storage lined up before it is all taken for the winter.

Have used a cover for 10 years on a 2008 3400rl Montana. I use it summer and winter have one small mark on one corner. Wouldn't be with out one. I'm 74 and put it on by myself. Not that difficult. I always get complements on how good it looks. 

danjo said:
I'm 74 and put it on by myself. Not that difficult. I always get complements on how good it looks.

It may be easy for you but don't think it would be easy for everyone. It would be a big project for most people above 60 IMHO. I'm 71, healthy and very stable on my feet and I would never attempt to put a cover on my rig.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom