Towing 2018 Silverado

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spring Creek

Anyone towing a 2018 or similar vintage Silverado (Crew Cab Short Box)? 

Planning to tow behind a Class C.  Will be under GCVW by about 1,500 lbs. when both are fully loaded (and yes, I've actually been on the scale when both are fully loaded 8), each separately though as I've not purchased the base plate yet).

Any tips other than what the owner's manual calls for?
Tips in general?
Best rock/stone protection?

Thanks for the tips guys. I did check three different sources to confirm it is towable before I purchased.

Good!  Some folks do not do their homework before purchase.

I figured the dealer wouldn't be too keen on taking it back if I figured out I couldn't tow it.  Well, not at least without some profit on their part  ;)

Interesting side note: they tried to sell me their super duper extended service plan that really did cover everything imaginable, even dents smaller than a softball.  Tried to roll it into the payment.

On a 4 year note it was going to be $325 extra...PER MONTH!!! Can you believe that? I don't know how many they sell but that is some serious profit margin there.

This was a service pan (extended warranty) on the truck?  $15k for 4 years (or was the service period longer than the loan?).  Those dealer-sold plans truly are high profit (you can do much better buying a plan through a broker), but that's a bit much!

Gary, you are correct...this was on the truck only!  The service period was 5 years or 100,000 miles so it was longer than the loan.

High profit is one thing but that bordered on insanity! I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the numbers  :mad:

Back
Top Bottom