Can you point me to the right direction?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

speeed

I'm buying a class C  and I would like to be pointed to a step by step new rv'er, like, how to make connections from home power, at the park, etc, i was reading that sometimes i have to change from power to gas, then back to power, etc...
so, where is the complete guide starting from the first step....
Thanks

Here is the link to the library. There is a wealth of knowledge in there. Its also at the top of the home page.
http://www.rvforum.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=64&Itemid=132

Look for a neighbor with a RV in their yard and knock on their door and ask them if they could help you a little. You may end up with a new friend.

The plug-in process may vary slightly with the equipment in your coach model (which you didn't name), but basically it is simple: just plug her in!  The fridge will auto-switch between electric and LP gas, so no worries there.  The coach battery and 12v converter system are also fully automatic.  About the only wrinkle may be the generator: some rigs have automatic power transfer between shore and genset power, while others require that the shore cord be plugged to the genset's power outlet to utilize it.

You will want an adapter so you can plug the shore cord into a house-style 120v outlet as well as the usual 30A campground outlet. Walmart has a couple different styles of them, but I prefer the one with a short cord between the two ends.  Works most everywhere!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-PowerGrip-15M-30F-Amp-RV-Electrical-Adapter/23500675

There is way too much to comprehend in one post.  Three years ago, I was where you are now.

Read all the posts here your eyes can handle.
Go through our Library.  It has many very helpful articles on a wide variety of topics.
As you go through this process, come here to ask specific questions.  It is much easier to answer "How do I dump my gray and black tank" than  "teach me everything".  Separate posts for each question works best.

I have a copy of "The Complete Idiot's Guide to RVing" by Peterson and Maher on my lap right now.  Part 3 contains over 50 pages on Operating and Maintaining your RV.

ClickHill said:
What state/area are you in?  There are folks on here who would likely meet you to show and answer.

Pembroke Pines / Pompano Beach, Florida

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom