Keystone quality video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bugford

My wife and are in the market for a smaller travel trailer, and we've already gleaned a lot of great information from this site.  I've also been checking out videos of various trailers on YouTube, and happened upon this video from Keystone RV promoting their quality.  But in the video comments section, Keystone quality gets universally slammed.  And the complaints are quite detailed and seem very legitimate (rather than trolls). The difference between the video's claims of total quality control, and what the customers have experienced, are is such stark contrast, I'm surprised that Keystone hasn't pulled the video.
I have been very tempted by the prices of some Keystones, but now, I don't think so.

http://youtu.be/khKkjbHMPRU

Hmm, that is a nice video, it would build confidence for one who is looking. The comments do not jive with the video or maybe you are only hearing from a small percentage of all sold.

The Cougar is on my list for the future.

Quality RV's rarely post a video on how great their quality is.
If I wish to know how well a product performs I ask the users not the makers.
It's wonderful to have the internet and loads of places to look at reviews.
My friend has a Keystone Cougar. 2 years old and has been in the shop at least 5 times.
Not a brand I would buy. My 2000 Sunnybrook is far superior in build quality.

What a joke.  Full time neighbor next to me has 5 issues wrong with his 2 week old Montana. 

Bugford, The dirty little (not so much a) secret is that most manufactures don't put a high priority on Quality Control. Maybe a little bit when your starting to approach 6 figures for the RV but for the $50k and under crowd, the forums are littered with evidence.
That said, I recently bought a new camper and as I expected, there were a few things wrong with it. Mine happens to be a Forest River but my previous Keystone had issues too.

I had two doors to the bathroom that would not stay shut. I took the striker plates off the wall, took a chisel to adjust the height of the hole slightly and reinstalled the striker plates and done.

My fresh water fill will not accept water unless I stick about 6"-8" of hose inside the fill port. I've come to figure out that it's poor routing of the hose that is attached to the fill port and it actually rises from that connection prior to dropping towards the fresh water tank. Have not re-routed yet but will be an easy fix.

The toilet didn't hold water after about an hour. Figured out that the dealership had installed silicone around the trap door and it had not cured prior to me picking up the trailer. I bought it about 2 days after it arrived at the dealership. Once I emptied the bowl, removed the old silicone and reapplied, problem solved.

So my point is, there will be things that need correcting on almost every RV that is purchased. Some big, some small. I prefer to handle the small ones myself because I know I fixed them correctly. Luckily, I've never had a BIG item that I had to take back to the dealership.

I wouldn't spend too much time looking for the manufacture that doesn't have issues because I don't think you will find one. I would be asking what manufacture and more importantly, what DEALERSHIP has good reviews from customers that when something BIG did go wrong, it was taken care of. That my friend is the MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION!

Back
Top Bottom