vacuum wet and dry cleaner unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Hi,

I been looking at several units including the bissell crosswave,  hoover floormate, and some others.  I would love to have something like that to do my floors in the RV and also the rugs. It would save me from having to take the rugs outside to clean and sweeping and mopping. 

They are expensive so i would like to know if anyone out there has something like this already and what they think about it. 

Thanks

I can't help you with your question, I just wanted to welcome you back. It's been  2 months since we've heard from you.

Mine came with the Dirt Devil central vac unit.  It has worked well for general vacuum cleaning duties and is easy to use.  The hose stores under the FW step to the bedroom.  The connection is right there, and the hose can reach every corner of the FW.

Thanks Rene and Grashley,    Utclmjmpr i really dont need the drama and the smart ass comments.  If you cant reply without being snotty, then dont reply at all.

When I moved from my vinyl only motorhome to the 5th wheel which is 3/4 plush white carpet and 1/4 parquet floor I went with my dream machine, a Roomba by iRobot.

I never knew how wonderful life could be! 8)

My roomba is named Rhonda and she works hard every day! Matter of fact, I feel guilty if she skips a day. Mine is the super simple robot, you start her when you want and she stops when she is done. My 5th wheel is on 4  levels, so I have to move her from level to level as she completes an area.

The final level is my bedroom where her charger is located. She parks on the charger when she is done. Not only are my carpets gorgeous but the parquet always looks polished. No ground in dirt to mar the surface.

I am amazed at the mountain of dirt she finds each day, sometimes an entire cup of dirt! I leave my shoes at the door but I go barefoot and don't always get my feet super clean in spite of having door mats inside and out. I also have an active little dog. Sometimes my company comes traipsing inside with their dirty street shoes on without pausing to wonder why I leave my shoes at the door.

I chose roomba because getting parts is easy and she is "renewable". Also robot vacs need attention. I have to give her a haircut once a month because my long hair wraps around her roller brushes. I empty the dust bin every day. When I bought her my carpets were already kind of sad looking. I had them steam cleaned then kept up with the daily robot cleaning.

My carpets are beautiful and bouncy. Since I am a dog walker, I start Rhonda in the largest area while I go dog walk. When I come back, she is ready for the smaller levels which she does nicely.

BEST investment I ever made.

If the rig is on fire, I will grab Rhonda and run out the door! :eek:

Amazon sells iRobot roombas in all budget sizes.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=as_li_ss_tl?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=irobot

Attachments

• DSCF5131-600x600.JPG
    DSCF5131-600x600.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF5145-600x600.JPG
    DSCF5145-600x600.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 19
durangod said:
Thanks Rene and Grashley,    Utclmjmpr i really dont need the drama and the smart ass comments.  If you cant reply without being snotty, then dont reply at all.

I don't think he trying to be snotty, I think he was trying to be humorous. Maybe a grinning icon would have helped.

Anyway, welcome back, and I pray things have been going well for you. Do you still have the same rig in the same area?

Thanks for sharing the info...

Yes i am in the same rig in the same place but not for long.    My sons decided to move to NM and they been begging me to move back.  I hate it there so badly but its what a dad does so in may or june im going back to NM to keep my promise to them.  I can drive there in less than 1 day but they want me there, so I told them it was not forevever but i would go back for a year or so then im comming back to Texas for good.  I cant afford a RV park there (no deals like the one i have here 1500.00 a year)  and its $350 a month there.  So i am working with my dad to make a RV slot on his land and installing elect and sewer hookup before i leave.

I have not been on much because i have not been too happy lately, so i try to stay away since im pretty gumpy most of the time (no quality of life at all).  As if my old medical issues were not enough for me to handle now my ALT and AST for my liver are through the roof, my blood pressure is sky high (im taking more lisinopril for that) and my blood sugar has decided not to behave as well, i have been in the mid 300's several times so they gave me some Glipizide which helps some as it takes away my appetitle.   

Then i finally got an answer after months of waiting as to why my back pain has been so extremely bad lately,  its like someone punches me in the right rib area every few minutes.  Well it seems i have not only developed scoliosis but i also have developed bone spurs on my spine where my 3 fractures are in the lumbar spine.  These spurs are pinching my spinal nerve which causes the pain.    Sometimes there is nothing i can do to get away from the pain, even if i lay down which was always my safe zone i have to struggle to find just the right position and then i have to force myself to stay still and hopefully get some rest.

So there goes the hope of being more active and im gaining wait like crazy again, i was down to 280 at one time now im at the highest point in my life 321 but if you hurt you cant be active.    I have a appointment with ortho dr in jan, i have to wait because i cant afford the fees and my new medicare suppliment does not kick in til jan.  So ill have to tough it out and just try to sleep the time away. 

So anyway thanks again for the vaccum info.  As i said until i start feeling like a happy camper again like when i was younger ill prob not be on much because i dont like to be a sour puss.  I just wanted to share my current condition for now...

Thanks....

Well God bless you.

You do have your hands full!

Stay in touch.

Most of the folks here are super nice. :)

I live with a rare disease and a ton of pain, but I just keep smiling and plowing ahead! It's not easy, but the smiling really does help. :)

I pray you will find a way to keep on finding a way to be cozy and comfy in your rig. :)

Happy Holidays!

Thanks Mermaid,  i hope that everyone with long term pain finds relief.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom