Happy Veterans Day, thank you to all that served.... (and to their familys too)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

sightseers

Thank you to all that served .... :))   

and.... I say Thank You to all the familys of servicemen,  they had to make,  and are still making sacrifices for our country. 

I was at the VA hospital on Friday for a minor surgery follow-up,  I saw all the guys in wheelchairs being pushed around by a family member and it was vivid reminder of the cost of war freedom on not just some 19 year old kid,  but the continuing burdens on their familys.

Thank you all for your support.

Punomatic said:
I'd do it again! Thank you for your service.
oh Me too...  but this time I'd listen to the lifers and stay in.

(I kinda miss it all)

I would do it again too. But I would be much wiser the second time around.

Father-USMC WWII
Brother-USN 67-69
Cousin USA Vietnam Nam
Cousin-USN Ret
Cousin-USA WWII
Grandfather-USAAC WWII USAF Ret
There?s more but I can?t remember them all. We found out recently I had a relative that was a Confederate Colonel.
Thank you to all Veteran?s for your service. And, yes, by all means the families too.

Its interesting to note that about 5% of the US population has served or is serving in our armed forces. It seems likely that we are a much higher percentage of the Forum members.
THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Ernie

Ernie n Tara said:
Its interesting to note that about 5% of the US population has served or is serving in our armed forces. It seems likely that we are a much higher percentage of the Forum members.
THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Ernie

You?re pretty close Ernie. Here is an article from 2015 that breaks it down pretty well. Should be pretty close to what we have today.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-percentage-of-americans-have-served-in-the-military/

Ernie n Tara said:
THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Ernie

Yes! Why is that ? 
yesterday,  almost everyone I talked to in our RV park was a Vet.    It's not just me then.. ::)

Wonder why a 7% slice of Americans,  shows up as larger percentage of RV people ?

Back
Top Bottom