NT-30SP Heater difficulties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DingBot

I get up this morning and turned on the heater. The fan came on but no heat, so I went out and changed the tank which was almost empty. Came back in and turned it on and again no heat. Now this is a little odd, but after trying to reset the thermostat (turn it to the off position for about 15 seconds) I return it to the furnace position and click on the main overhead fan that comes from the air conditioner. That comes on no problem, but  I turn the temp setting up to kick on the heater, nothing from it (overhead fan still on). Turn off overhead, and then turn the Cooler/heater switch to off, all of a sudden the heater kicks on and even produces heat, but it's not going anywhere, like into the ducts. It blows out the opening where I can see the heater unit. I don't understand this, apparently the heater works it lights up and the blower fan comes on, but only when the thermostat is in the off position. Anyone got a good idea why this is happening?

Same thermostat for furnace & roof air, or different ones?  If the same, it should have separate settings for furnace and overhear units, i.e. you set the tstat to either heat/furnace or cool/ac. If the ac is a heat pump, it too will have heat setting, but the furnace would still have its own.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom