rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Occasional leak on passenger side  (Read 354 times)

thelazyl

• ---
Occasional leak on passenger side
« on: November 18, 2018, 06:06:10 PM »
Hello, we have a 2003 Feetwood Bounder DP.   Occasionally (twice now) we have water come down on the passenger side front right in front of the windshield.  It happened again this morning.  It was cold at night where we were staying (15 F). No rain.    I assume this is from the windshield but I have yet to see an obvious problem.  Does the rubber shield around the window need to be replaced occasionally?  Any tips would be appreciated.

thelazyl

• ---
Re: Occasional leak on passenger side
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 06:09:55 PM »
Clarification:  The amount of water is ~ 1/4 cup in total and ends up on our dash.  It came down about 10am in the morning when we first started out.

Laura & Charles

• ---
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 12:47:49 AM »
On our coach we found the weep hole covers along the bottom of the side cockpit windows had been blocked by silicon caulk. Didn’t cause a problem until a severe rain, so may well not be your issue, but thought it worth mentioning. (We had a LOT more water than you described so I can imagine dew and/or condensate from roof HVAC could be the source.) Popping the covers off and cleaning out the holes solved the problem.

Was parked next to a Bounder once and saw them mopping up their dash area after a rain, said, “I know that dance” and told them my experience. Sure enough, their weep hole covers were caulked on, too.

(Funny how weep holes can’t weep when filled in with caulk... you’d think engineers would communicate that to assembly line staff.)
Living and working full-time out of a:
2012 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 43dft;
Dinghy towing a 2014 Honda CR V;
SMI Stay In Play Duo aux braking system.

Utclmjmpr

• ---
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 08:20:09 AM »
 When it's cold you will get condensation from the difference in temp.s inside to outside.>>>Dan
Vary rare American Tradition 38TT/330 turbo Cummins
Last year Jeep liberty 4 down
72 VW Baja 4 down
Cedar City, Utah
USAF vet. 59-63
FMCA F312919
The difference between intelligence & stupidity is: intelligence has it's limits
      Albert Einstein.