This Wasn't Suppose to Happen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamsend

I hope the pic is able to post as it explains the title. Just needed to share my latest "oops".  Been boondocking at Bandelier campground since Friday and the days have been gorgeous, with nightime lows in the 20s.  On Sat. the weather prediction was for snow mainly east of here last night and this morning, but . . it's the mountains and late yesterday afternoon the forecast changed to 2-4 inches for the Jemez Mountains, but I guess I thought it was too late to "get outta Dodge".  Guess where I am?  Right in the middle of the Jemez.  It looks benign in the pic, and it is now, but at sun up it was still ominous grey and snowing with accumulations (6 to 7 inches) enough that I couldn't distinguish the road edges in the CG and my route to Albuquerque that I was supposed to take meant a drive down the twisty mt. road that I had no idea if they would clear or not. Highway dept. had about 1/2 the route to Albuquerque marked as "difficult" on their web stuff so I was staying put for today and another night and . . .maybe longer.  Visitor Center decided to close today due to the weather. BUT, about 8:30 someone came through and plowed the CG road (I think I'm the only one here).  Had to get 6 miles to little town to get gas for generator due to cloudy weather and the road down had been cleared also.  I think I'm very lucky. 

So got the gas and gen is charging good.  Sun is out, which always makes things better.  Next chore was to clean off the tonneau so I could get to my camp shovel to get up on the trailer roof and get 7 inches of snow off the slide out.  Only 25 degrees right now, but going to 11 degrees tonight (20 last night).  There is no way that slide was going to close with all that wet snow on it.  Slow job, but got it done without sliding off the side myself.

Prediction is for sun tomorrow in the 30s so by late morning I should be good to go the 90 miles to Albuqeur. leaving in late morning.  Still have more than a full tank of propane, plenty of water, pretty much empty waste tanks, a dozen+ propane bottles for my buddy heater, and batteries will be at 90% before evening.  My only angst earlier today was "how am I gonna get this trailer outta here?".  Answer:  It wasn't going to happen!

Cheers, Linda

Attachments

• resiz3.jpg
    resiz3.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 192
The photo won't open for me via the forum, but please tell me what you mean by 1000 X 1000.  Photoshop gives me an option of inches to resize to, and also I check to make sure the file size is below 350kb.  If you could, explain and I'll do it.  In the edit resize box in PS there is also a choice for "pixels" but only one dimension.  Should I just plug 1000 into that?  Help please.

Dreamsend said:
The photo won't open for me via the forum, but please tell me what you mean by 1000 X 1000.  Photoshop gives me an option of inches to resize to, and also I check to make sure the file size is below 350kb.  If you could, explain and I'll do it.  In the edit resize box in PS there is also a choice for "pixels" but only one dimension.  Should I just plug 1000 into that?  Help please.
I'm sorry. It should read 1000 pixels by 1000 pixels.
Right now your photo is about 4000 x 4000.

Dreamsend said:
So got the gas and gen is charging good.  Still have more than a full tank of propane, plenty of water, pretty much empty waste tanks, a dozen+ propane bottles for my buddy heater, and batteries will be at 90% before evening. 

You may have been caught off-guard by the weather but clearly you aren't out there unprepared  :))

Snow is so pretty.....in photos.

it's just so cold in real life  ;D

Back
Top Bottom