Garage Door Opener Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

holdem

So I have a Liftmaster garage door opener that I'm having trouble with. It was running but the door wasn't moving. I opened the cover and discovered that the gear was broken. I replaced the gear. Now the door goes down and gets to about an inch or two of the ground and then goes right back up. I have turned the adjustment screw to make the door go down further but that didn't help. Any ideas? Thank you.

I think you might try increasing the down pressure adjustment or look for something breaking the line of sight between the safety lights.

holdem said:
So I have a Liftmaster garage door opener that I'm having trouble with. It was running but the door wasn't moving. I opened the cover and discovered that the gear was broken. I replaced the gear. Now the door goes down and gets to about an inch or two of the ground and then goes right back up. I have turned the adjustment screw to make the door go down further but that didn't help. Any ideas? Thank you.
You mean the two white nylon /plastic  gears inside? Did you replace both? If one of them is damaged at a certain area, that's what happens, door  will reverse as soon as it gets to the damaged area on the gear.

It happened to one of my door openers, also a LiftMaster.  Replacing the two plastic gears fixed it. So I am wondering if your "broken" gear damaged the other and stripped it a little.

BTW, I know there many are different models of Liftmaster, but that was the problem with mine.
Anyway, check the other gears for any damage.

-Don-  Auburn, CA

You need to re center the limits. Then reset them for proper travel. PM me if you are still having issues.
RichH
Retired Garage Door Contractor.

I don't know what model you have, but I have a lift master and it was a nightmare.  I replaced the boards there are 2. Twice. Lift master replace the whole unit. Since the new unit was installed I had to replace one of the boards again.  I told them that I could work for them with all the time I spent on the ladder.  I have a feeling it is a temperature problem. When the temp. Drops the motor acts up. Comes down and stops and goes back up. Starts going down and goes back up.
I replaced the motor this spring and now waiting for the temperature to drop.

I am traveling, and hope to be home Saturday. PA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom