LP satellite tank issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I disconnected 1 of the tanks from the regulator and used a long hose to reach.
My current setup is from Suburban Propane they disconnected my main tank and delivered a huge one with a regulator.

NY_Dutch said:
Sturgi-Stay, Extend-A-Stay, and similar products work perfectly for hooking up external tanks from 20 to 100 lb capacities.

These products work great with a motorhome with a built in propane tank, but require a bit more work when using on a trailer. I have a 120 gallon tank on my fiver. The output line was disconnected from my regulator, and the tank with associated regulator was hooked to it. I don't have to disconnect to fill the tank, so that works well for me. If I had to unhook the 100# tank to take it somewhere to be refilled, I would do as Glen did. Unhook one of the 20/30# tanks and use a long hose to the 100# tank. That will allow you to run off of the original tank long enough to get the 100# refilled.

I bought a Sturgi stay but it's not letting pressure through when hooked up to both a 30 and my 100. Does sitting in my lap with a hose hooked up just blowing thru it. Gonna have to try again on my day off.

Thanks

My original plan was to run off of the 100 and the 30 that the sturgi stay valve was on and use the other 30 as back up. Got the 100 plumber straight to the regulator for now.

OK got this issue figured out. The hose that goes to the regulator that came on the camper have some sort of a check valve in them. I took every thing apart and started blowing thru the hoses and if you blow to hard on them the get blocked. Blow the other way and it frees them up. Except for the side I was using. Changed the hose out and now everything's working like I want it to.

One thing to remember, when opening the valve, go easy, let it build pressure, as you noticed blowing through it will close up.  So, crack open the valve, then increase.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom