Question about access

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob T

I am hoping someone has some knowledge or experience.

On my passenger side slide, the electric locks have stopped working.

I am thinking it may be due to corrosion because I had side has worked lawlessly for a number of years (The other side at issues similar a couple of years ago and that?s what the problem was).

I have been able to check the rear lock is it is located in the cupboard above the bed, but the front like maybe another issue.

I have attached a couple of photos, the front lock appears to be located behind the bulkhead, in this bulkhead are a couple of recessed lights but that would be of no use getting them access.

If anyone has any suggestions or knows of how to access the front lock that will be wonderful.

Guaranteed  there will be no access to it from outside on top of the slide

Attachments

• 878F719B-88E1-458B-87B5-59ABE5F89719.jpeg
    878F719B-88E1-458B-87B5-59ABE5F89719.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 173A0D2C-7BEB-4C2F-A701-B8077107AEAA.jpeg
    173A0D2C-7BEB-4C2F-A701-B8077107AEAA.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 28
I presume you are talking about slide locks? I recently had aoccasion to replace my slide cover (passenger side front). In the process, I discovered that the slide lock operates through a hole in the top of the slide when water flooded through it when it rained while the cover was off. I just covered the hole with gorilla tape and removed the tape when I replaced the cover. Yours may well be set up the same way; look for a raised lip about 4- by 6- inches centered under the cover (it was about 3/8 inches tall as I recall.
I didn't explore it so I have no idea what the configuration of the lock is.

Hope this helps,

Ernie

Thanks for your reply.
Sorry I haven?t been able to reply before now but wifi here has been out and my Mobley doesn?t work in this area.
Yes, I am referring to the slide locks.
On this coach, the actual locks come out on top of slide but all limit switches, motor and connections are done inside slide.
Of the 4 locks, three are covered by plastic trays (inverted) and held in place by screw on each corner.

Was able to access and clean rear equipment as it is accessed from overhead cabinet in bedroom but front is located in a bulkhead above sofa in living area. I am guessing to access the curved facia of this bulkhead has to be removed but I have no idea how to do this without doing damage.

In case I am off again for a bit, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Bob

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom