Sunstar - floor opening for dump hose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J32952

Just purchased 2017 SunStar 27N.  Not sure what to call this, in the floor of the area with grey/black dump valves and output connection, is the ?hole? to put your dump hose thru, so you can close hatch door.
  It is exactly the same configuration as hatch with water & power.  A black rotating cover over hole, both cutout shaped something like Mickey Mouse ears.  Works find for water/power.  TOO SMALL to put dump hose connection thru.
  Do you think they used wrong base or suggestions on how to widen hole or?  Thx

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

J32952 said:
Just purchased 2017 SunStar 27N.  Not sure what to call this, in the floor of the area with grey/black dump valves and output connection, is the ?hole? to put your dump hose thru, so you can close hatch door.
  It is exactly the same configuration as hatch with water & power.  A black rotating cover over hole, both cutout shaped something like Mickey Mouse ears.  Works find for water/power.  TOO SMALL to put dump hose connection thru.

Can you take a picture and post it here? How wide is the hole? Use a tape measure to measure.

The sewer hose opening comes from the factory with a piece that is threaded to fit the hole.  Someone lost or got tired of taking it out and putting it back in.  I have the same problem with the used unit I purchased.  To cover the hole when traveling I use a wide kneeling pad held in place by a small spring rod like used for curtains.  Dick nvrver

J32952 said:
No. It is simply that some hose fittings fit through the hole and some don't. For instance, I find that Rhino fittings do not fit through mine, but Valtera do. I use Rhino hoses, so I created a short hose with fittings that do fit through the hole. I poke it through the hole and connect my Rhino hose to it.

Yes the hole is fine for just the plain hose but it is not large enough for the fitting that is fastened to it..I solved the "problem" by taking my saber saw and carefully shaving the edges from the underside until the fitting just goes through the hole..I had to do this to my previous rig also..if you are careful there is no noticeable difference from above and the black cover plate still hides it all . Wear safety glasses!  it does make a mess...  It seems to me that the maker needs to increase the plastic mold size by only 1/4" and everything would be perfect..do these guys ever go camping with their own product?..

reniram said:
... It seems to me that the maker needs to increase the plastic mold size by only 1/4" and everything would be perfect..do these guys ever go camping with their own product?..
I've wondered the same thing but the executive leadership team did spend several days in some of their Class A units at the GNR a couple of years ago. Of course this is a long way from driving the unit, setting up in a campground, tearing down, dumping tanks, etc.

Thank you.  ?.I solved the "problem" by taking my saber saw and carefully shaving the edges from the underside until the fitting just goes through the hole?.  While contemplating a starboard cover then a marine pie plate insert I realized I only needed less than 1/4?.  Used a 1/2 rasp and abrasive disc on power drill to sand.  Clean finish and the hose end now goes thru.  Easy peezy as my grandkids would say.

Good thread,  since buying my Adventurer I have found the same issue, so it has been at least 2000.  The male end Rhino fitting will fit thru with some twisting, the female end don't want to.  threading the entire hose thru from top is a bit of a pain, been thinking about how I would enlarge the hoe, and reading this I am now more emboldened to do so.  I had considered the short piece, and may still do just that.

Thanks,  great resource here.

Had a similar problem in our American Tradition. I bought a larger access port and installed - only took a few minutes with a jig saw.  I went to 5" so both sewer and water hoses can easily pass through.  Marine supply stores, Amazon, Ebay, etc. have a wide variety of sizes and types in a coupoe different colors (usually black, white, or gray).

Back
Top Bottom