KOFA 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our plans have changed and we won't make it to KOFA this year. We'll be detouring to Georgia before heading to Arizona.

My SIL is losing her battle with an aggressive brain cancer so we are heading to my brothers. Thought this would have resolved by this time but... She has beat the odds time-wise but unfortunately has not had any quality for too long. We have flown down a couple times in as many months.

Still plan to get to the Q gathering before it's over. Hope to see y'all there.

Tom

Cyndi and I are really sorry to hear that too Tom. Our prayers go out to your SIL and other family members. If your schedule will allow you to be at Quartzsite, we'll have a booth there, so please look us up. We'll also likely be going back to KOFA sometime in Febuary, so maybe we can hook up then. All our best to you and Theresa.

Kev

Kev, any comments regarding weather and the outing?  For now it looks like rain on Sunday.  If that doesn't change, we'll probably delay our arrival.  I'm planning on bringing a bunch of scrap lumber including some plywood for the fire.  Some people may not want to be around burning plywood and if so, I'll either leave it home or separate it so we don't burn it at KOFA.  Let me know if it's a concern. 

Gary

Tom, sorry to hear about your SIL. That totally sucks. Hope to see you two at Q later.

Jackie, KOFA stands for King of Arizona. Its an area of BLM land between Yuma and Quartzsite. Its beautiful too.

garyb1st said:
Kev, any comments regarding weather and the outing?  For now it looks like rain on Sunday.  If that doesn't change, we'll probably delay our arrival.  I'm planning on bringing a bunch of scrap lumber including some plywood for the fire.  Some people may not want to be around burning plywood and if so, I'll either leave it home or separate it so we don't burn it at KOFA.  Let me know if it's a concern. 

Gary

We're sitting here watching the Phx local news.  Calling for rain Sunday.  I checked both MSN weather and Accuweather, and both are saying like 60% chance of light showers here in Quartzsite.  Maybe just enough to settle the dust on the road into the camping area.  Supposed to warm up again by then, too.

Totally understand Gary. We'll see you guys when you get there. Last year it rained all the way from San Diego to KOFA and we set up camp in the rain. The next day, however (and for the rest of the week) it was beautiful. The area doesn't get much rain, so as long as the wind isn't howling, it's always a good time.

Kev

Tom, very sorry to hear about your SIL. Safe travels as you go to GA and then on to AZ. We?ll miss seeing you and Theresa at Kofa.
Debra

We currently have reservations at Stovepipe Wells in Death Valley during your KOFA expedition, but we are reconsidering that due to the Government shutdown. I am worried that I will be crushed if that beautiful area is trashed! If we don?t go DVNP, we will meet you at KOFA. Is there cell service? If not, I need to make sure I have lots of books and maybe some movies downloaded beforehand.

Sarge are you going to the LTVA with the Forum group? If the LTVA has a dump and water that is part of your fee. It is on the east side of  95while the forum group is on the west side of 95. You head in there first, pay your fee, dump your tanks, add water and then head back across the road to the Forum group location.

If you not going to the LTVA area, then .9 of mile north of Kuehn St is the Pit Stop on the east side of 95.

ken

Thanks to all for your support. Brenda passed quietly early Friday morning. Service is the 13th so we will be hanging around Georgia until then.

Still hope to make it to Q but now that we are taking a more southern route we have friends to visit along the way.

Tom

I am sorry for your pain Tom and Theresa. I hope her family finds peace and healing.

We cancelled our reservations at Death Valley and will be heading to KOFA on Monday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom