GotW3 Internet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sgkane

We are full timing and as most know the internet with most campgrounds is less than desirable and the data caps on our Verizon Jet Pack doesn't allow us to do the things we want. I stumbled onto GotW3 internet (https://gotw3.com/ ) which seems like it might be the solution we've been looking for.
It appears to work off AT&T cell towers but they claim no data limits, no throttling and no contracts.  I'm still working so I need to be able to upload and download larger files and my DW would love to have Netflix again. Anyone out there using this service and is it working OK?
Thanks,
Gordon

sgkane you need to look at the Verizon prepaid jetpack.  Verizon came out with an unlimited, uncapped data plan for 65.00 a month for autopay.  This deal is on the prepaid side only.  I have been using it for almost two months and I have almost used a terabyte of data.  I use almost 500gb a month.  I am pulling on average 70mbs download speed.  Its an awesome deal.  My only suggestion is going to a Verizon store and purchasing the 8800L jetpack for 199.99 and then getting the service.  If you do it online Verizon only offers an old outdated jetpack.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/

justlkn said:
sgkane you need to look at the Verizon prepaid jetpack.  Verizon came out with an unlimited, uncapped data plan for 65.00 a month for autopay.  This deal is on the prepaid side only.  I have been using it for almost two months and I have almost used a terabyte of data.  I use almost 500gb a month.  I am pulling on average 70mbs download speed.  Its an awesome deal.  My only suggestion is going to a Verizon store and purchasing the 8800L jetpack for 199.99 and then getting the service.  If you do it online Verizon only offers an old outdated jetpack.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/

That's not exactly accurate ^^^^^^.  They will de-prioritize anything that is data only (read...Jetpack), if the network is "congested".  You may or may not be in an area where congestion occurs, so just keep that in mind.  The other point is that you can purchase the Jetpack 8800L (the newest, latest, greatest one) online through the Verizon chat resource, that is how I purchased mine about a month ago.  Don't get me wrong here, I am extremely satisfied with the Jetpack on the unlimited prepaid, but just wanted to make others aware of the facts.

There is an old saying "The Devil is in the details"

All of the big 3 and many of their Resellers offer "Unlimited Data" but in the fine print it says what X said above.. if it gets busy they de-prioritize you and if you go over some arbatray limit you get further deprioritization or throtteled.

glen54737 said:
I've got at&t wireless home internet it's only 100gb at $60 a month bundled with a voip phone.

I also had that AT&T plan and just cancelled it.  The $60/mo was really ~$115/mo after the cost of the VOIP line and taxes and was limited to 100GB/mo.  The Verizon prepaid plan is has no limits and the network congestion deprioritization we've experienced so far has been very short-lived (at our current location).  I recognize that this could change at another location but we have two Verizon phones on postpaid Verizon plans.  If the prepaid plan were to slow down so much that we couldn't use it, we can switch to the 15GB/mo hotspot capability that comes with each phone.

FWIW last summer we took a >6,000 mile journey through a large segment of the "mountain west" states.  IMO on the average Verizon service was far better than AT&T; there were several areas in OR where AT&T was non-existent, particularly in the vicinity of Crater Lake.

I'll just add that the deprioritization, assuming it has occurred, on our AT&T unlimited data Connected Car Plan has been indistinguishable from the slow downs we normally see on heavily congested towers. Those slow downs have never been bad enough to affect streaming.

I'll echo what Dutch said.  AT&T only depriortizes while congestion exists, then you go back to full speed.  Verizon throttles you for the remainder of the month.

All of the major carriers offer their own month to month, no contract plans.  Compare what you can get directly from Verizon or AT&T to what the resellers offer.

Using a reseller adds one more layer of complexity to your service.  If the tower provider decides to discontinue service to the reseller you're out of luck.

This happened to me at my work situation a few years ago.  We signed up through a reseller to provide "unlimited" wireless Internet service to a dozen or so mountaintop transmitter sites.  All was fine until Verizon decided not to renew the the reseller's master contract and all of their clients were forced to look for new service.

We wound up converting all of the accounts over to Verizon for approximately the same cost but with monthly data caps on each one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom