Quartzsite movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

I visit instan****cher.com every day to review the newest video additions to Amazon Prime. Today they listed American Adventures: Quartzsite Arizona and the date was listed as 2014. I got excited and watched it but it was basically two very boring hours. A total amateur production with lousy sounding audio and the video was even worse. Recorded with a cheap video camera during the 80s. They managed to take a pretty good subject and make it very boring. Way too much hyperbole. Quartzsite is not Disneyland for adults. And there are lots of other exciting things to do in Q including internationally known Four Corners Bingo (cue three minutes of calling bingo numbers). I think if I would have watched this video first I might never have gone there. They make it sound like the main attraction is hunting for gold.

https://www.amazon.com/American-Adventure-Quartzsite-Robert-Miles/dp/B06XXRCTZ5/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1542396707&sr=8-1&keywords=quartzsite

I gave it a quick scan and one statement caught my attention - a lady seated at a desk (probably part of the Chamber of Commerce) stated a government study found the Quartzsite Valley was the cleanest valley in the country due to the lack of farming pesticides, industry, etc.

All I could think of was that study must have been taken before all of the dust-raising RVers moved in.

A friend, knowing I often go to Q, gave me a copy of that movie (TV program?). I watched the first 3 or 4 minutes, fast forwarded to a few other sections, found them equally banal, and gave up. As Tom says, it's amateurish, to say the least.

IN addition to what we chat about there is Quartsfest.  Runs concurrent with the RV show. about a mile or two farther south from where forum members traditionally park. Same side of same road.  HAM RADIO event one of the larger ones.

IN addition to what we chat about there is Quartsfest.
Yup. And there are many other special interest groups there, too, even many folks who just winter in the area, well before and well after the main shows at Q.

Larry N. said:
Yup. And there are many other special interest groups there, too, even many folks who just winter in the area, well before and well after the main shows at Q.
Larry if you would ever watch Storage Wars you would never say 'yup'.

Larry N. said:
Guess I never heard of "Storage Wars." I don't watch a great deal of television, and even less in movies.
There is an idiot named Dave who does his bidding by saying yup. He is extremely obnoxious. He has a large truck he drives that has a ten foot photo of his face on the side. The guy is as obnoxious as can be and every bid is a yup. You aren't missing anything Larry.

Attachments

• Hester.jpg
    Hester.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 15
I’ve never watched Storage Wars so I looked up Mary Padian..

You, sir, are a dirty old man. 

Me too.

8Muddypaws said:
I?ve never watched Storage Wars so I looked up Mary Padian..

You, sir, are a dirty old man. 

Me too.
Thank you, I wear my DOM badge proudly. Actually it is not her looks that I like it is her personality and voice that I love. She is so cool.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom