Fleetwood Discovery Full wall stopped.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

737Pilot

2008 Fleetwood discovery. We were about to extend the main slide and just as the retraction arms (locks) got fully retracted the whole thing quit. Wondering how to trouble shoot this thing.

I'd start with checking for 12v dc power at the switch, and through the switch.

I chased a slide power problem for 3 weeks (in my driveway, off and on). Finally figured out there was a dead spot at the end of the "stroke" in the full in/out position. I checked the switch with a digital meter first, it showed the switch to be fine. 3 weeks later, I checked it with my analog, that's when I saw the needle go up, but at the end of the stroke, it fell.

Be aware that the switch merely triggers the slide controller (relay), so power at & through the switch only means that you are able to signal the controller to move the slide in or out. The controller relay actually switches power to the motors (full wall slide have 2 or more).  There will be a fuse for that power, which often comes direct from batteries or a power bus.  There may also be limit switches on the slide mechanism that tell the controller when the slide has reached full in/out. If those switches get damaged or pushed out of position, they can cause the controller to go wrong.  I'm not familiar with the brand of full-wall mechanism that Fleetwood uses, so not sure if this applies or not.

What Gary said...
I can add that on my Fleetwood there was a fuse on the relay-controller board in addition to the circuit breaker for power. Along with a fuse, bad breaker or relays any of the plugs/connectors/wires could be the problem too. I have had a bad relay on my Bounder once and the plug pull out of the relay/controller board on my Monaco.
Test at the motor first then you will know where to look for a problem.

I have a 2012 Fleetwood Tioga Ranger, Class C, and had a similar problem.  It took the mechanics three hours to trace the wires and find the hidden fuse.  Not with the other fuses, of course.  It was under my bed, inside the wooden box that holds my rear furnace and inverter.  Once they found it, took only a minute to replace it.  There was NOTHING in the packet of materials I got when I bought it, nor did the Fleetwood dealer have any electrical diagrams that identified the location, so good luck to you!

You can get electrical schematic from Fleetwood - just call Customer Service with your FIN or VIN and ask and they can email them to you. Plumbing schematics too. Of course, schematics are just circuit diagrams - doesn't tell you where the fuse is physically buried in/on the coach.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom