Battery/Electrical Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmiller226

I've been searching the threads and sure this has probably been mentioned before. I'm just not finding it.

After having my travel trailer stored and not being used for a couple of months, we got it out this weekend and I've discovered a problem I never had before. My slides and electric stabilizers will not work unless I'm plugged into my truck. Even when hooked up to 30amp electric power, they don't work. As soon as I plug into my truck, both work fine.

When we were setting up for the weekend, I first noticed that I my stabilizers weren't working at all, even after hooking up to power. On a hunch, I backed my truck up (had already unhooked and pulled away) and they worked fine. Then, this morning when we were breaking down I noticed that my slides wouldn't work. Again,went out and backed the truck up and plugged in and they worked fine.

I'm back home and experimenting with it. Same thing....neither will work when hooked up to electrical power. Only when hooked up to my truck.

What am I missing?

As a followup to my problem, while I'm sure that my battery would have probably been completely dead Friday after non-use for a couple of months, it seems to be fully charged now after being on the campsite's electrical power all weekend. When unhooked from electric power, it shows a full charge on my panel and will operate lights and awning. Just won't operate the slides or stabilizers, even when plugged into electrical power.

The truck really doesn't supply a bunch of power to the slides.  It's more of a trickle charger.  My first thought was a dead, or low, battery.

Follow the positive lead from the battery to find the main breaker from the battery, a small rectangle can, and see if power is getting through it.

Suspect list. Dead converter or blown converter fuse
Dead on board batterierd or tripped breaker or blown main fuse

That about covers it.  Oh broken wire. always possible. not common but mice eat.

works when truck is hooked, but not when unhooked ?, tells me your power converter is not working ?. fuse blown on converter ?. even on shore power..if the converter is not working like it should ?, it can't make 12 volt dc to operate the slide motors, much less re-charge the battery. have a look at the power converter and its fuses.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom