Customization to use pop-up TV cabinet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thelazyl

Hello.  We currently have a flat screen TV near the ceiling at the front of our Class A (I believe 44?).  The downside is that it isn?t comfortable to view because we have to look up.  I am considering installing a cabinet with a pop-up TV in the spot where my recliner is currently located.  I attached a picture of our floor plan.  We are also considering replacing the sofa with something that reclines.  As best I can tell the total cost of the project will be $5 ? 6k.

Has anyone done this kind of customization before?  If so are you happy with it? 

Attachments

• 37u.bmp
    226.1 KB · Views: 58
My niece's husband did that very thing in a travel trailer, for the same reasons, and it came out great. He's a very good carpenter, and it showed. I would post pics, but they have sold the camper and have something different now. the most difficult issue is the wiring for the antenna and sound system.

We have exactly what you are planning in our 34y. It is next to the counter with sinks as yours will be and has an extendable table built in as well as cabinets below. You might do well to look at the 34y brochure and floor plans for inspiration.

We are very pleased withb our layout and it works great for four people eating (with the leaf in).

Ernie

I did exactly what you want to do.  I have opposing slides so I was able to move the sofa out enough to get the popup TV (50") in behind it.  Did all the work myself and spent less than $2500.

Dave 2007 Revolution 40E

Attachments

• 50 in. TV Up.jpg
    50 in. TV Up.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Automotion Shades in Salon.JPG
    Automotion Shades in Salon.JPG
    262.3 KB · Views: 43
I put a TV lift behind my couch. I had very limited space behind the couch that would not accommodate a store bought TV lift so I made my own.

Attachments

• Finish TV Up (640x458).jpg
    Finish TV Up (640x458).jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom