Electric Stabilizer Jacks Not Working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmiller226

Hopefully, I have a question that has a simple answer from someone with more experience than me. Being a complete newbie to RVing and learning as I go, I've come across a problem. My rear electric jacks stopped working. Pushing the button does nothing....not even a sound.

I'm taking my camper into the RV dealer next week to have some other work done on it, so I can have them take a look at it then. Problem is getting them raised back up so that I can move the camper.

How do you manually retract (or extend them)? I'm thinking that this can be done by manually turning one of the bolts. I just don't know which one and don't want to start turning the wrong one and end up with another problem. I've included a couple of pics. Can anyone advise?

Attachments

• IMG_0786.jpg
    IMG_0786.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0787.jpg
    IMG_0787.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 27
Can you identify the brand of the electric stabilizer jack, e.g. Lippert,, BAL, Atwood, etc.?  Procedures would surely differ...  Do you not have a manual for the jacks? That should explain the manual procedure.

It looks kind of likethe Lippert PSX2 except for the lack of yellow colored arms. If it is, page 278 of the manual linked below explains the procedure. It uses a manual wrench, which hopefully hasn't been lost!

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/manuals/Master%20Owners%20Manual/CCD_0001573.pdf

Bingo! Yes, they are Lippert and yes, I found the manual wrench. Works perfectly.

Thanks so much, Gary. Once again, this site and its contributors have saved the day for me.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

I had the same issue a couple of years ago. Water or moisture got inside the motor and the spring for one of the brushes rusted away.  I purchased a new motor and fixed the old one to keep for a spare. I used a spring from a ball point pen. worked great.

Rene T said:
I had the same issue a couple of years ago. Water or moisture got inside the motor and the spring for one of the brushes rusted away.  I purchased a new motor and fixed the old one to keep for a spare.[ I used a spring from a ball point pen. worked great.]/quote]

Luv that kinda stuff Rene :):)) :)) ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom