My first post , question on drivers/pass chairs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArmorWrapGuy

We just bought a 2008 Fleetwood Terra XL that is in pretty good shape and low mileage.
The interior is a little outdated though style wise. I am considering laminate flooring and we found a site that sells packages for sofa couch, dinette, etc. It's probably a major company everyone here knows.

My wife is talking about switching the driver/passenger chairs out but it has a "base" option for $300 which is the base of the chair which allows it to rise up, lean back, etc. My question is would my coach already have this "base" and I can reuse it or do I need to just replace the whole chair and base? I'm hoping I can just get the new chairs and attach them to what I have now & not have to spend more on these base sections.

if I'm doing the floors with laminate I would want to just do this all at once.

The chair base is typically unique to the brand & model of seat, and the passenger seat is sometimes different than the driver (has different features).  Flexsteel is the most common brand, but they make numerous models in various price ranges, sizes and features. Don't assume all Flexsteel brand l seats are interchangeable, and certainly do not assume a Flextseel base fits under a Villa chair, for example.  However, there is a good chance that the pedestal part (center post and swivel mechanism) will be the same for many Flexsteel models - I've only seen a couple different types of Flexsteel bases.

Two years ago when we replaced our captains chairs, I discovered that, although they looked like Villa chairs, they were actually made by a small company that no longer exists.  Unfortunately, the pedestal height didn't correspond to anything used by Villa or Flexsteel!  That added a bit of cost to our replacements. Don't assume that RV manufacturers use the same OEM parts.

thank you. For now I've talked my wife into leaving the chairs alone. Now we are just down to replacing the dinette and sofa and redoing flooring. You'd think after spending $45k on an RV the work would be done but I know, it's never done. It's only just begun! lol

I would suggest you live in it a bit before remodeling. We did convert the dinette to table and chairs and redo the flooring in one of our motorhomes. We are now about to replace the flooring in our other motorhome. I am still deciding what to put in. I am thinking vinyl plank, but am somewhat concerned as we are seeing problems with the vinyl planking in our 4 year old house.

Back
Top Bottom