Winnebago Horizon 40a mpg?`

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to the forum Marc.
Rene, just a guess but I think it is a millage question.
Marc, with nearly any RV your mileage will be from 5mpg to maybe 9mpg.
Bill

Hi and welcome. What model year Horizon? Winnebago dropped the Horizon/Vectra line about 2007 and revived it about a year or so ago. There's several variables involved but a broad brush answer for a 40' diesel pusher towing a vehicle, the MPG would be in the low 7s to possibly low 8s. Our Gross Combination Weight (coach, trailer, Jeep on trailer) is about 40,000 pounds - we average about 7.2 - 7.3 MPG.

It's not cheap moving the coach from point A to point B - I figure about $0.50 per mile, this is just the cost of fuel.

Hey guys.  Thanks for the warm welcome and I should have been more clear on the info I was looking for.  I am considering buying a 2018 or 2019 Winnebago Horizon and was just trying to find a miles per gallon range for the coach and any other opinions with owners of the new coach. 

I currently have a 2015 Winnebago Forza that is good but with the appeal of the more modern look the Horizon has and a 3rd a/c unit verses 2, it keeps calling my name.

Many thx.

The new Horizon has the same engine and transmission as mine (ISL 8.9L DEF/Allison 3000).  I get 7.5 mpg towing a JKU, but the Horizon 40a is lighter and no tag axle so you should do a little better.  A lot of it has to do with the driver.

Horizon is a big hit out there!  I like them.  I think you will find that below the floor level, they built the Horizon 40a on the Journey 40J/40R chassis, and even used the Journey front and rear caps.  You should get similar performance to what they are getting.

From what I have read here, and elsewhere, along with talking to other folks, motorhomes get about 8 mpg across the board. Class B is the exception.

John Canfields numbers are very very close to mine.
If I get 8 mpg, I feel I?m doing well.

kdbgoat said:
From what I have read here, and elsewhere, along with talking to other folks, motorhomes get about 8 mpg across the board. Class B is the exception.

I think that applies to Class As, and that is what the OP is referring to, but Cs get significantly better mileage, even the gassers. My gasser C got about 12-13 and my current diesel Fuse got 17+ on our last trip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom