Another Rollover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That camper will be on Craigslist next week as having suffered minor hail damage

OUCH. Any idea as to why/what happened.

Oh and by the way I'm parked in a county park  Oconee County park... SOUTH CAROLINA

(Quite a ways from  Oconee County GA. but .. Well... )

hope they are ok. is that a ford 1/2 ton ?, maybe too much trailer for truck ?. I hate seeing stuff like this, it makes you think twice before you want to pull your TT out of your drive way.

alan6051964 said:
it makes you think twice before you want to pull your TT out of your drive way.
I don't tow a TT anymore after my roll over. I keep it parked in one place and use a pop up to travel around. When I do move it, I hire someone to do it for me.

RVMommaTo6 said:
I don't tow a TT anymore after my roll over. I keep it parked in one place and use a pop up to travel around. When I do move it, I hire someone to do it for me.
I hear ya !. I pull my 22ft around with my 1/2 ton Silverado, tow package, 3.73 gears, 10k trailer receiver hitch, WD hitch, sway control arm, have no issues pulling it around. its when I see 1/2 ton trucks pulling 30ft TT is when I get worried !. I know I am safe, its others that bother me !..lol.

These SUV rollover pictures should be combined into one topic.

Then it would be easy to direct newcomers asking about towing big trailers with their SUV.

alan6051964 said:
I hear ya !. I pull my 22ft around with my 1/2 ton Silverado, tow package, 3.73 gears, 10k trailer receiver hitch, WD hitch, sway control arm, have no issues pulling it around. its when I see 1/2 ton trucks pulling 30ft TT is when I get worried !. I know I am safe, its others that bother me !..lol.
Yeah I hate to admit it because I think of myself as a smart enough person not to get into stupid and potentially fatal situations, but I was too trusting. I bought my 35" TT and asked the dealer if my vehicle could pull it, he said absolutely, and on my very first trip, before I ever even slept in it, it was totalled in a roll over accident.

Amanda. you have to remember to a Dealer Salesman. paid by comission... There is one and only one problem.. I will describe it:    Buyer's Signature _________________________

You will notice the line is blank.

John From Detroit said:
Amanda. you have to remember to a Dealer Salesman. paid by comission... There is one and only one problem.. I will describe it:    Buyer's Signature _________________________

You will notice the line is blank.
buyers should ask all these stupid salesman what they drive ?, and if they say they drive a 1/2 suv, or 1/2 truck ?, and then tell them..ok..how about you hook up to that 38ft TT, and hop on I-40 during rush hour and a windy day, just run it down the highway a couple miles, and come back with it..if it's still in one piece ?, we'll talk about it...lol.

HappyWanderer said:
These SUV rollover pictures should be combined into one topic.

Then it would be easy to direct newcomers asking about towing big trailers with their SUV.
it would not make a difference to be honest ?, there is tons of videos on youtube, a lot of members here telling them it can't be done ( safely mind you )..and yet..they do it anyway because they are thinking about that extra price to buy the correct truck ?, or simply want that big roomy trailer ?. or...believe that salesman !.

RVMommaTo6 said:
Yeah I hate to admit it because I think of myself as a smart enough person not to get into stupid and potentially fatal situations, but I was too trusting. I bought my 35" TT and asked the dealer if my vehicle could pull it, he said absolutely, and on my very first trip, before I ever even slept in it, it was totalled in a roll over accident.
oh wow !..i'm so sorry. salesman will lie for sure..but faster to a woman !!!. chalk it up to a hard lesson for sure...don't believe everything you hear !.

BIG JOE said:
Bottom Line here: Too much TT... Not enough TV. Weight & Balance is a player too. Jus' Say'n.
agreed ^^^..looks like too much trailer for that truck too me.

Oh it was a huge eye opener and not a mistake I'll ever make again. I didn't even realize it was a safety issue or I would have asked someone else or researched it, I really thought it was just a matter of power enough to pull it down the road. Boy do I know now lol, but yes, lesson learned. Very expensive lesson, but not the ultimate price, so I'm actually okay with it. I would rather lose my brand spankin new TT that I never even got to sleep in than to get 5 years out of it and then lose a kid or something.

RVMommaTo6 said:
Oh it was a huge eye opener and not a mistake I'll ever make again. I didn't even realize it was a safety issue or I would have asked someone else or researched it, I really thought it was just a matter of power enough to pull it down the road. Boy do I know now lol, but yes, lesson learned. Very expensive lesson, but not the ultimate price, so I'm actually okay with it. I would rather lose my brand spankin new TT that I never even got to sleep in than to get 5 years out of it and then lose a kid or something.
so true !...just glad your still here to tell your story !!. to learn from a bad mistake is one thing, but to keep doing it ?..well...lol.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom