Lacrosse,Wisc. and south on highway 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chaperall lite

wondering if anyone has traveled highway 14/61 south of Lacrosse,wi...  in the spring we are planning a trip down there, but are wondering if it is a hilly,windy road...need to know how much time it will take...
thanks..

Went to college in La Crosse and enjoyed the river and bluffs. Hey 14 to Madison is a pretty drive with hills but not a problem. The river road along the Mississippi River both north and south of La Crosse is a great scenic drive. It?s two lanes but ok for RVs. Hard to gauge the time but I would allow enough time to stop along the way for pics, eating, etc.

By all means drive WI 35 down the river from LaCross to Prairie du Chien. Some of the best scenery in all of Wisconsin. Road is level and While I have never driven it in an RV, it would not be an issue. Allow time to stop and view the river. There is a Cabellas on the north side of Prairie du Chien attached to their distribution center.

Charles

Google "Wisconsin Driftless Area" and if you have time, take some of the roads through the area.  It's quite a different landscape from the rest of WI (from what I understand the glaciers didn't pass over there) and was a treat to go through especially in the fall with the farmer's stands.  Didn't pay too close attention to camping in the area but did pass by a few.  Quite a different pace and laid back folk compared to the bustle of Madison and Milwaukee.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom