Frustration of finding a supplier for paint to touch up my RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

decaturbob

Apparently paint color codes mean little in the paint world as so far in dealing with 4 online touch up paint suppliers, all been shaking their heads on the DuPont paint code colors. Two even asked my to try to find a color that is "close".  Close won't do. Not sure how people handle this situation outside of taking panels/doors off and having them "scanned" and hope for the best.  The entire lower bottom of my Tioga is painted and really needs some touching up.

Are you sure the codes are for Dupont colors?  Fleetwood used Sherwin Williams for years.  Your biggest problem will be that paint applied in 2008 will have faded and new paint is going to be brighter, so not a perfect match.  However, these days paint suppliers can match actual colors with a portable scanner that "reads" the color. A local professional paint supply would probably have the device (not Autozone or an RV shop - an actual automotive paint supplier. Drive the RV to their shop so you don't have to remove parts.

Have you tried this source for matching the code?

https://www.paintscratch.com/touch_up_paint/Fleetwood/2008-Fleetwood-Motorhome.html

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Are you sure the codes are for Dupont colors?  Fleetwood used Sherwin Williams for years.  Your biggest problem will be that paint applied in 2008 will have faded and new paint is going to be brighter, so not a perfect match.  However, these days paint suppliers can match actual colors with a portable scanner that "reads" the color. A local professional paint supply would probably have the device (not Autozone or an RV shop - an actual automotive paint supplier. Drive the RV to their shop so you don't have to remove parts.

Have you tried this source for matching the code?

https://www.paintscratch.com/touch_up_paint/Fleetwood/2008-Fleetwood-Motorhome.html

I verified with fleetwood the paint codes were Dupont

I guess I didn't research this enough to see DuPont is now Axalta and the paint is provided thru National Coating Systems. We have local NCS branch where I live I can call Monday.

NY_Dutch said:
What is the color code?

color codes of paint and decals

P3568 Dark Brown Metallic
P4446 Nutmeg Metallic
P2984 Light Pewter Metallic
PN5946 Champagne Star Metallic
795546-IM New Medium Mocha Metallic
740932-IM Mocha Frost Metallic
PN5928 Aztec Silver Metallic
P3098 Black
PN5907 Apricot

I see the 740932 on the site I linked above, but not the 795546.  I suspect the P & PN numbers are decal part numbers, which probably won't have a paint code match.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
I see the 740932 on the site I linked above, but not the 795546.  I suspect the P & PN numbers are decal part numbers, which probably won't have a paint code match.

Yes, after additional research,

the P and PN numbers are colors of the Vomela decal materials that were used and I am in the process of getting in contact with them if their codes have comparable color codes for Sherwin Williams or any other paint manuf.  The 2 paint colors that Fleetwood used on my RV I can get.  I like the decal the paint too as I can "air brush) the decals back to "new looking" as long as the paint doesn;t react with the decal substrate.

Back
Top Bottom