2016 Palazzo 36.1 switch in master bathroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CltLKN

Brown switch on cabinet beside toilet.  Has red lamp in wall plate with switch.  Hopefully someone can tell us what it is for.  Photo was too large to upload.  Need to get editing app for phone I guess.
Thanks in advance!

Sound like it may be for the water pump. Have you tried it to see what happens?
If it is the pump, it may not go on if you're hooked up to shore power.  If shore power pressure is higher than the preset pressure of the pump, it will not go on. You'll need to shut off the source from shore power first. Make sure you have water in your fresh water tank. It won't hurt the pump running it dry for a while but you won't get any water either.

I don't think it's the pump, there's a switch for that in the electrical cabinet by the entrance door.  We boondocked last week and used the fresh water tank.  Some ideas are engine compartment light or engine oil heater switch.  Will be fun figuring this out.

On the newer models the owners manual mention a switch that turns on the water heater(Gas side).The light will glow when the WH is using gas to heat water. Otherwise the light will stay off.

Our TT has a switch for Gas and one for electric. It allows us to better control use of power and gas. I will turn off both unless we are getting ready to use large amounts of hot water....Showers get both turned on. Doing dishes or cooking I turn on just electric.

There are water heater gas and 110 switches in the electrical cabinet.  I'm understanding that it is a switch for the engine block heater since it's a DP motorhome.  Not sure at what temp I should start using it though.

CltLKN said:
There are water heater gas and 110 switches in the electrical cabinet.  I'm understanding that it is a switch for the engine block heater since it's a DP motorhome.  Not sure at what temp I should start using it though.

How about starting out with a water heater tank full of cold water. Turn that switch on and check the water after a 1/2 hour.

CltLKN said:

The bathroom is an odd location for a block heater switch -- I'd expect that to be in the cockpit, or else a plug in, perhaps near the shore power cord. If it is a block heater, though, I'd suggest anything much below 40? F, maybe even a little higher, but definitely anything below 32? or so. You really should turn it on by bedtime to give it time to do a thorough job by morning.

It's common to have more than one switch for the water pump, often one at every sink/faucet.

Agree with Larry that it would be an odd location for a block heater switch, but I've seen a lot of oddball things in RVs. A block heater switch would be heavy duty, i.e. a 120vac switch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom