Found it....What type of Hot Water Heater is in this Trailer???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

winnie32v

2010/11 Wolf Pup TT by Forest River, Model 17P.

Could anyone tell me the brand of Hot Water Heater that is in this trailer.
OR the plug/anode that is used...type, mod no. .......
It is not my trailer but I do know it is a 6 gal. unit.

Looking to buy a new plug/anode as a gift....unit is in storage so I can't look.
Have checked several sites but the brand of heater is not listed, just the size.

Thanks for the response. 
Found it....Suburban Anode #232767, magnesium.

Thanks

Don't buy that anode unless you know for sure the heater was made by Suburban.  If it's a Atwood heater, they do not use a anode so you'd be wasting your money. At a minimum, keep the receipt in case you need to return it.

If you send us a photograph of the outside of the water heater (open the access panel) we can usually tell Surburan from Atwood just from the layout of what is photographed.

John From Detroit said:
If you send us a photograph of the outside of the water heater (open the access panel) we can usually tell Surburan from Atwood just from the layout of what is photographed.

John the OP said the unit is in storage so I can't look .

I was there when the owner removed the plug/anode from the hot water heater, so I know that it had one in it originally.
I also found a parts list which had the part #.....an anode that is used almost universally for this type of heater.
I opted for the magnesium over the aluminum anode.
Thanks for the input..............

Well there is one Atwood I understand that does use an anode. but.... Most do not. and just because the prior owner used one does not mean he should have been.

Beyond that I can not comment without knowing the model number or at least seeing a photo of the thing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom