cant figure out how to get front shade down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArmorWrapGuy

I have a new (to me) 08 pace arrow 35'
It has the electric shade for the front windshield and I can only get it to go about 1 foot down. I know its a safety thing so while driving it doesn't go all the way down but I've tried everything to get it to go down and can't figure out the trick.

The key has to be on (not running engine) for it to move at all. Generator on does nothing. I have parking brake on, tried foot on brake, car is in park, and whatever else I could think of.

what am I missing?

If it's the Carefree Smart Visor, it should go all the way down.  If it doesn't, it's probably a bad motor and replacements cost as much as a new visor.

If it's an MCD shade/visor, it has two sets of limits, one for "key on" and one with "key off". Since you have the key on, it is probably limited to the 1-foot visor only position. It should also work with the key off, if it was installed properly.

http://mcdinnovations.com/windshield-shades

Note that either of these would be an aftermarket add-on and not factory standard on a Pace.

We had that same issue and thought we were going to have to "reprogram" ours until we found out that we were attempting to lower it while the engine was running. It is a safety feature that only allows it to come halfway down. When the engine is off, it lowers all the way. I know it sounds stupid but it is one of MANY situations that made us feel dumb! Just throwing it out there to make sure your engine is OFF before lowering the shade!

yeah I found out mine is just a visor and the toggle actually says "visor" but I was in another RV where it went all the way down so I just assumed they all did. I don't know why they'd make it go down just a foot if the hardware is all there. (motor, brackets, switches, etc). But I got that figured out. Now on to the next 10 things I'm scratching my head about.

But I got that figured out. Now on to the next 10 things I'm scratching my head about.
Your choice, of course, but I suspect you're giving up too soon. I searched the web for RV sun visors, and none I found dropped only a foot -- 36" was the least I saw, especially the motorized ones. Those motorized ones all seemed to have a limitation when ignition on and full coverage when ignition is off. I suspect Gary had it right when he mentioned yours perhaps not being wired right.

Note that the MCD brand shades are even adjustable (I don't know the procedure) to set the limits where needed, so perhaps that "1 foot" is maladjusted.

Just my $.02---

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stubblejumper
Back
Top Bottom