Indiana to Washington in November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thedave80

There are some pretty interesting trip reports on here and I though i'd add our current road trip from Indiana to Washington state. We're about halfway through it so far, so there will be more to come.
On November 26th we picked up our new travel trailer, a 2019 forest river Cherokee wolf pup in Schererville, Indiana. The dealership took their time going over everything with us and allowed us to stay overnight to get it set up and try out sleeping in it. This was our first night staying in a trailer and it was a very interesting experience figuring out what we needed and how to keep everything at a comfortable temperature.
On the 27th we got a couple things fixed up and rolled out. taking some side roads to interstate 80. It had snowed for the last couple days but the roads were mostly cleared, the only downside being a 15-20 mph headwind. The weather got progressively nicer as we drove through Illinois, ad by the time we got to Des Moines Iowa it was pretty nice out. We spent the night at a flying J rest stop and had a surprisingly comfortable night. The only downside was a semi that had parked next to us with it's engine running and air compressor blowoff valve going off every 10 minutes or so. Still, about the same as most of the motels we had been staying at prior to getting the trailer.
On the 28th we continued on 80, making it to a travelamerica in Ogallala by nightfall. This time the wind was a crosswind, providing all sorts of new learning experiences. Still, it was a nice drive and we really enjoyed being able to stop, kick on the furnace, and take a break.
We woke on the 29th to a steady rain. Concerned about the weather we got an early start, turning off to catch 76 into Colorado. We got out of the rain to some mostly clear weather, enjoying a steady climb in elevation and nice scenery all the way to Loveland, where we will be visiting family for a few days, and then continuing on. The big challenge for this day was dealing with the performance loss that almost 5000 feet creates in our truck.

For the next few days we'll be taking a break, spending time with family, and getting some work done on the truck. With about 1000 miles down we still have 1300 to go, so i'm sure we'll have much more to add to this. So far though, for this being our first travel trailer experience, we're having a lot of fun.

Dave

We live in washington, so we're actually going home. We drove to illinois to do thanksgiving with my wife's family and made the semi spur of the moment decision to buy the trailer on the way there.

thedave80 said:
We live in washington, so we're actually going home. We drove to illinois to do thanksgiving with my wife's family and made the semi spur of the moment decision to buy the trailer on the way there.

And I just thought I was an impulsive buyer.....I humbly bow my head to you.

Back
Top Bottom