Ca. Delta, 56 fish, what a day!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Broke Boater

My Buddy Ben and I planned for Friday a day chasing Stripers, but he got tied up at work and we didn't get to the ramp until noon. Our plan was to poke around Antioch at our usual spots. With the bright sun instead of overcast our mid day Top water  plans had to be shelved and sub surface lures and the Sissy Sticks,, aka Fly Rods,, came out. Found a nice school of fish aggressively feeding on bait. For a hour and a half we never left that spot and boated 56 fish. This was not a school of rats and under size either, that usually come with a high fish count day, fresh run bright chunky legal to several decent fish. With the tide change the bite slowed so off to new water. We fished to sunset doing the run and gun looking for our Top water big girls, missed a couple chances on the way back to the ramp. I kept a couple eaters for a Taco dinner for my wife and I. What a day, so many doubles and awesome Fly rod action to top the day off,,,gregg

Attachments

• 56 fish 1.jpg
    56 fish 1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 56 fish 2.jpg
    56 fish 2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 56 fish 4.jpg
    56 fish 4.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 33
  • 56 fish 6.jpg
    56 fish 6.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 22
Nice day's fishing! Were you using Clauser minnows down deep?

Would be interested in fly rod wt and line. Floating? Intermediate sink? Thinking maybe an 8 wt along with a floating line and sinking leader with baitfish imitation fly. Sure sounded like fun

Back
Top Bottom