Campground advice around Nashville, TN?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jymbee

We'd like to spend a few days in and around Nashville in early January 2019. Appreciate any advice from someone familiar with the offerings there that might work for our 34' Class A.
Also-- and I know this is pretty much an unanswerable question-- but what would be typical weather for that part of the country then?

jymbee said:
Also-- and I know this is pretty much an unanswerable question-- but what would be typical weather for that part of the country then?

The avg Temp's will run around 40 - 50 Deg's during the day........Beyond that is a unknown.

Try Two Rivers Campground around two mile north of OPryland. It's a Good Sam campground and they have 30 and 50 amp service. The weather should be in the 40's and 50's during the day and 20's and 30's at night...with high humidity. But do not count on that. It could be 20's one day and 60's the next.

Hope you have a great time.

We stayed at two rivers campground last year and will do the same this year while in Nashville. We are hoping to be there for new year  Traveling from Ontario Canada we will be adding water and filling our tanks when we arrive there

Agree with Ro1459. Two Rivers RV (Never stayed there but reviews are good) and the weather well, no promise but it was 70 yesterday and today's high is 45 so welcome to the south!

ro1459 said:
Try Two Rivers Campground around two mile north of OPryland. It's a Good Sam campground and they have 30 and 50 amp service. The weather should be in the 40's and 50's during the day and 20's and 30's at night...with high humidity. But do not count on that. It could be 20's one day and 60's the next.

Hope you have a great time.

Appreciate comments from all. Talking to some friends who also know that area a bit and GRAND OLE RV RESORT was recommended as well. Prices more reasonable and just great reviews. Leaning toward that at present. Anyone here ever stay there?

We stayed there last winter. The owners were friendly. If I recall there was train tracks not that far away. The train could be heard, but didnt bother me. I remember because there was a tornado warning, and I remember hearing a noise coming. I recall thinking, "I sure hope thats a train coming, and not a tornado." It was a train, thank goodness.We took an Uber downtown to check out the live music at the bars. It cost 20 bucks for an Uber.

We stayed at Two Rivers and enjoyed it.  tours of the city picked you up and returned you to the campground.

The Nashville KOA is nice, but probably a tad more expensive than some of the others. It's near the Opry House, and there are shuttles you can catch to downtown -- one is $10/each for a round trip, and you can catch it downtown on the half hour to return. It worked well for us in October.

jymbee said:
Appreciate comments from all. Talking to some friends who also know that area a bit and GRAND OLE RV RESORT was recommended as well. Prices more reasonable and just great reviews. Leaning toward that at present. Anyone here ever stay there?

I would recommend that you find out if the Grand Ole RV resort has a shuttle such as the $10 round trip like the KOA AND Three Rivers campground.. Parking in Downtown Nashville can be pricy...?..

ysidive said:
I would recommend that you find out if the Grand Ole RV resort has a shuttle such as the $10 round trip like the KOA AND Three Rivers campground.. Parking in Downtown Nashville can be pricy...?..

Good idea-- I'll do that! No set itinerary yet and there might be times when we'll drive in & around Nashville while other times a shuttle would definitely make sense. Thanks for the tip.

If you have a toad, then a little south of Nashville is the "Henry Horton State park" that is well kept and a little cheaper than the biggies.>>>Dan

Back
Top Bottom