elevation graph

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twestlake

I am planning an RV trip from Atlanta, GA to Santa Fe, NM next season. Is there an app that will show elevation changes along the route? 

twestlake said:
I am planning an RV trip from Atlanta, GA to Santa Fe, NM next season. Is there an app that will show elevation changes along the route?
If you put a route into google and change it to cycle it will show you, might not do it for places where cycles cannot go though. 

Google earth, will do it also.  I think right click on the route and select elevation.  You can also get a profile of the route.

Google maps has a "terrain" layer that shows contour lines.

Atlanta is about 1000ft, Amarillo is abut 3000, and Santa Fe is about 7000 so you get 4000 ft over the last 300 or so miles. Mostly almost unnoticeable elevation changes until you leave the Pecos River Valley at Santa Rosa, NM and climb up to Clines Corners at 7000 ft where I-40 runs into US 285. A bit more noticeable up and down hill from there to I-25 east of Santa Fe, but nothing to worry about.

Google Earth will do the job.  Just follow your route and put your cursor on a particular location and the elevation will show in the information at the bottom.  It does a good job.  I used it to determine how high my daughters back yard was from the adjoining street.

Back
Top Bottom