Road Side assistance plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevensc

I know I have seen discussions on this subject but when I did a search I couldn't find anything recent.  So, I currently have AAA and am thinking I need to switch to a more RV specific plan.  Any suggestions, comments on Sam's, FMCA, Coach Net, etc would be greatly appreciated.  By the way, I live in the SE (SC specifically) in case that matters.

AAA has an "RV specific plan" too, but I would choose one of the others.  Too many variables when you move across state lines and potentially to another AAA club region with different practices on RV services.

As to what is "better", I think it's a crap shoot.  They all use the same local services and are at the mercy of them for quality, timeliness, and pricing for extra services. GS and FMCA both contract through Allstate Motor Club, whereas Coach Net uses the services of its parent company, National Motor Club.  Their contracts may have slightly different limitations on the services provided, but basically you get what either Allstate MC or National MC provides.  I'd buy whichever had the more attractive offer on the day I was buying (promotional deals are common).

We use Good Sam.  Only once in a year, for a tire.  We were back on the road in about an hour.  We had a mounted spare, so the mechanic only had to swap the spare on.  Still, the response was less than 30 minutes.  a lot will depend on your location time of day and what the problem is - lots of variables.

Our preference is Coach Net -- both times we've had to call, we've been extremely pleased, once at Quartzsite and once on the edge of Yellowstone Park.

Coach Net for sure!  I've never had any other, but I have used Coach Net twice.  First was camper / truck stuck in mud in my back yard in March.  About 30 min response time.  They spent an hour winching me to solid ground.  No Charge.  Second was dead battery on wife's car last week.  Had a  service truck there in 30 min, simple jump, and on my way.  No charge.

ALL vehicles I (or wife) drive are covered, not just the truck / FW.

Very good, friendly, intelligent response center personnel.

I've had Allstate Motor Club for years now, as all my other insurance is through them as well.  I've had pretty good service the times I've used them, including the one day of he77 a few years back with a three blowouts on one trip home!  I did have to rip them on my last use to tow my dead truck.  The company apparently accepted the tow even though they had a full load.  They didn't get to my truck for over 5 hours.  That won't happen again.  Otherwise, I am happy with them.

Back
Top Bottom