Dolpin Rv wont start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liuhisn

Hello All. I am posting again about my 95 Dolphin RV that will not start. I have changed the fuel pump relay, fuel pump, battery checked the inertia switch and have tried to change the fuel filter but could not get one side of the fuel line off. I need a better fuel line disconnect tool. I have just recently drained off 65 gallons of bad gas. I had the coloring of dark tea.  I have checked the tank and it is in good condition, no sludge.  I am thinking that the fuel filter is plugged thus not allowing the proper amount of fuel to get through.When I disconnected the fuel tank side of the fuel line, gas shot out so the line on that side is not plugged. I have used the Starting Fluid method and it will start to start but once the spray is consumed, that's it. Again, it cranks but does not start.  This Rv has sentimental value so any help/pointers would be appreciated. Thankyou.

Starting a gas RV is no different than a gas car.  It needs Fuel + Air + Spark.Sounds like you have AIr & Spark if the starter fluid works, so I would tart diagnosing the fuel delivery system from the carb back towards the tank until you find a place where the fuel flows freely. Based on what you already fixed, I'd say the fuel filter is a solid bet.  If worse comes to worse, cut it out and splice a new one in.

I agree, sure sounds like the fuel filter.  If you get it replaced, and that is indeed the problem, I certainly would run a fuel additive like Seafoam through it with the first tank or two.  If it's that gummed, good chances the carb is as well.  Maybe a small squirt bottle with gas would better help then the starting fluid only.  And, you also might check a few plugs.  If any look bad, replace / clean / gap them all.  Make sure to have a couple large dry towels handy in case of the backfire / small flames.

Thanks ! The more I think about it, the more I am certain about the filter. It?s a Ford f53 engine.

Hello all. Just giving the board an update on the RV. I have changed the fuel filter and it still will not start! I?m at a point where I am considering just selling it and forgetting about RVing! To date, I have changed the fuel pump relay, fuel pump, battery, fuel filter and drained of 65 gallons of bad gas. Gas has been replaced,24 gallons, and the inertia switch has been checked. Again, it wants to start but it will not turn over! I am thinking that the fuel injectors may be gummed up.  I am going to have a mobile RV mechanic come out for the second time and see what the diagnosis is. The first time he came out I was told the fuel pump was the issue. This RV has sentimental value,belonged to my dad, so I would like to keep it but so far it?s turning to a money pit and I haven?t even been anywhere in it! Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou

Injectors could be gummed up,but not lickly unless it has set for many years.Get a real mechanic to check for codes in computer,check fuel pressure at the fuel rail.Check for injector pulse with a noid light.If you have enough fuel pressure[30-40lbs] and injector pulse then the injectors are gummed up'....I am a mechanic,thats just a pickup engine 460 cid.good luck!

In addition to a mechanic checking the engine  I have a OBD-II to Blue tooth adapter I got from E-bay an the program TORQUE on my phone. it will read the codes (and a bunch of other stuff).

Lots and lots of useful info on Torque.. I have two of the adapters. one for the car one for the MH.

Though this does not FIX the engine. it provides me with info I can use to fix the engine on some occasions or let me know what the problem is in other cases so it saves me time at the shop.

This is the adapter I bought on E-bay.. As I said I have two and the program as well

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom