Adventurer Backup Camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnRVAndADog

2004 Adventurer. From what I've found that particular Sony camera/monitor has been discontinued, all related parts have been discontinued and are no longer available. If somebody knows otherwise please correct me.

So... I'm gonna need a new backup camera/monitor. A wired camera sounds like a nightmare to install using whatever conduit the original camera was installed in...  So I'm thinking a wireless camera. Any ideas?

I'm also thinking a larger monitor would be nice but then I have that hole in the dash...  Any ideas?

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

You should be able to use the existing wiring, adapters are available to use with different cameras and monitors.

My wife bought me this one........

https://www.etrailer.com/RV_Camera/Furrion/FOS05TASF.html

Now for us the TT already had the mounting bracket installed power tapped off the running lights for the camera.

I absolutely love it.

John Hilley said:
You should be able to use the existing wiring, adapters are available to use with different cameras and monitors.

I may have panicked...  The thought of hours of pulling the cable through the entire length of the RV sounds like a bonanza for the RV Center...

Gizmo100 said:
My wife bought me this one........
https://www.etrailer.com/RV_Camera/Furrion/FOS05TASF.html
Now for us the TT already had the mounting bracket installed power tapped off the running lights for the camera.
I absolutely love it.

Good brand name. I'd prefer a larger monitor, at least 7" I'm thinking. Are you okay with the 5" monitor?

AnRVAndADog said:
Good brand name. I'd prefer a larger monitor, at least 7" I'm thinking. Are you okay with the 5" monitor?
The 5" works for me. BUT the camera is mounted right next to my rear view mirror. So it's fairly close to me. I didn't want it to hinder the mirror so I went with a 5".

If I had thought about mounting elsewhere I would have gone with the 7"

Gizmo100 said:
The 5" works for me. BUT the camera is mounted right next to my rear view mirror. So it's fairly close to me. I didn't want it to hinder the mirror so I went with a 5". If I had thought about mounting elsewhere I would have gone with the 7"

Mine is mounted on the dash to the right of the steering wheel. The 5" would leave an unattractive installation (or I could leave the broke one where it is, which would be goofy). So I went with the 7" and then trim the hole with matching wood (like a picture frame) and use the recessed backing plate to install the 7" monitor slightly over the trimmed hole. I gotta wait a few weeks to get this done then I'll post pics right after New Year's.

AnRVAndADog said:
Mine is mounted on the dash to the right of the steering wheel. The 5" would leave an unattractive installation (or I could leave the broke one where it is, which would be goofy). So I went with the 7" and then trim the hole with matching wood (like a picture frame) and use the recessed backing plate to install the 7" monitor slightly over the trimmed hole. I gotta wait a few weeks to get this done then I'll post pics right after New Year's.

Sounds sweet ...Looking forward to the pics

Gizmo100 said:
Sounds sweet ...Looking forward to the pics

Pics are here now.  Installation was no surprises except for configuration. Apparently from the factory the horizontal was flipped. So I had to read the manual and re-configure it, touchscreen, easy. Picture quality is outstanding! The camera/transmitter pairs with the monitor in about 2 seconds. I drove around half the afternoon checking it out, feeling like a Boss...

AnRVAndADog said:
2004 Adventurer. From what I've found that particular Sony camera/monitor has been discontinued, all related parts have been discontinued and are no longer available. If somebody knows otherwise please correct me.
So... I'm gonna need a new backup camera/monitor. A wired camera sounds like a nightmare to install using whatever conduit the original camera was installed in...  So I'm thinking a wireless camera. Any ideas?
I'm also thinking a larger monitor would be nice but then I have that hole in the dash...  Any ideas?

They used the original mounting plate and frame. Attached a piece of black carpet over the mounting plate, then the monitor. Looks real nice. Still have 4-way adjustment. Maybe because I went and got old but the larger screen is waay better. The Camera/Transmitter was installed using the original exterior housing with a few minor mods for fit. All the waterproofing and sealing is on the inside of the housing, plus a drain hole just in case. Yes, I had to put that decal on it!

Attachments

• IMG_1527a.jpg
    IMG_1527a.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 40
LOOKS GREAT...We just got back from Arkansas and once again I thank my wife for buying the camera for me...It's better than any mirror while driving and backing the TT is a breeze.

John Canfield said:
Very good!  :)) Thanks for the pictures.

Does it use Bluetooth or something in the 400Mhz area or do you know?

I don't know if it's a Bluetooth type connection..
Wireless frequency: 2.4GHz
Wireless range: 492'

Gizmo100 said:
LOOKS GREAT...We just got back from Arkansas and once again I thank my wife for buying the camera for me...It's better than any mirror while driving and backing the TT is a breeze.

I was kinda/sorta getting used to not having it... And I was using psychic powers to transmit what you see on some 18-wheelers: "If you can't see my mirrors I can't see you." Now that I have something like an IMAX rearview camera I'm super happy!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom