Dual Fuel Tank system in toyhauler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schwyl

Sorry if this doesn't belong in this forum.

So im getting a new toyhauler. I'm going to install this http://www.mirageinc.com/complete-fuel-system-40-gallon my question is can I add another fuel tank without adding a whole new fuel nozel. Just have it come out of the existing one?  Was looking at adding this one http://www.mirageinc.com/fuel-tank-40g-51-x-26-x-725-w-pump.

ANy help would be appreciated

Many toy hauler trailers already come with a fuel tank or, at least, a vented place to put one. Is the toy hauler you are considering a self propelled RV in itself with a garage or a trailer type with a garage?? Not sure what you mean by "an existing, fuel nozzle", or are you adding a second fuel tank to a toy hauler and tank already fitted with a nozzle output??

I would not buy anything until you bring your new TH home!  As Stu said, many TH  have a gas pump or space for one.  See what came with your TH before spending money on these. 

If your TH has a pump, then only the second tank would be needed.  It can use the same nozzle as long as the gas is free to move from one tank to the other.  Mount the second tank beside and at least as high as the first.  Connect a hose to drain the second tank into the first.  Be cautious the second tank is NOT higher than the first tank vents!

If the TH has no tank or pump, make sure this will fit into the space provided.  Again, the second tank can be added per above.

This is a 5th wheel toyhauler.

I have 4 slots from the rear tire to the spare tire mount location for the tanks. The reason why I'm not getting the tank installed from factory is because its only available with a bunch of options I really don't want and there's no way to get it without all the extra options.

Both tanks would be mounted at the same heights. Both Vent lines would be at the same height.

@Alfa38user
I mean if I get one tank with the fuel dispensing nozzle I would like to just add a second tank to the system

@grashley
It looks like the standard rv set up I could have a manual 3way valve and run both tanks pump lines to it and then out would go to the pump.

Hmmmm

We have a fifth wheel toy hauler that has two gasoline fuel tanks. One tank is for supplying the on-board generator, and the second tank has a fuel dispensing nozzle on it. The tanks are not physically connected, but we can pump gas from the dispensing tank into the generator tank. If there is room, I think it could be physically be done, but I?m betting it?s no easy feat. If you had the clearance in your truck bed, maybe one of those slimline fuel tanks with a dispenser might be the simpler way to go.....but you may have very specific reasons for what you are wanting to do.

@Boonieman

Yeah my old toy hauler had that set up but running a 5500w Generator was noisy and pretty much made it impossible to hang out by the trailer to converse. So im going back to my trusty Honda and dont want to haul around Jerry Cans.

So I've figured out a was to do this with minimal messing around.

I'm getting 1 kit with everything Pump/Tank/Dual Tank Control Board and Im getting a tank only with sending unit. I just have to run the two pump hose's from the tanks to this 3way valve

https://www.amazon.ca/Standard-Motor-Products-FV1T-Selector/dp/B005ETOVZM/ref=asc_df_B005ETOVZM/?tag=googleshopc0c-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=293004557446&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1061112452721657827&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9001292&hvtargid=pla-491240730142&psc=1

And then run one hose to the pump. Ill mount the switch on the Dual tank control board and voila mission accomplished!

I spoke with my dealer and they talk to Forest river and the 40 gallon tanks will fit ( I could fit 3 of them ) So they will be installing the tanks at the dealership when the trailer gets in.

Between running 4 atv's and 1 sxs we good for at least 50 gallons used in a 8 day trip.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe-
Back
Top Bottom