Florida in the winter with no reservations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jymbee

Given that it appears most all of the popular campsites in FL are booked well in advance for the winter season, what might one expect if they were to hit Florida in January without any reservations at all?

You could try Orchid Lake RV Park in New Port Richie.  They might have a spot.  It's an "over 55" park and No Dogs.

With a lot of phone calls, you could probably turn up some short stay sites that you could string together if you don't mind moving every few days. Salt Springs Recreation Area Campground in the Ocala National Forest for example, has quite a few January vacancies ranging from 1 to 5 days.

wackymac said:
You could try Orchid Lake RV Park in New Port Richie.  They might have a spot.  It's an "over 55" park and No Dogs.

No dogs?! I just hope my dog doesn't catch wind of such a place!  :eek:
(but thanks for the info in any event  ;) )

NY_Dutch said:
With a lot of phone calls, you could probably turn up some short stay sites that you could string together if you don't mind moving every few days. Salt Springs Recreation Area Campground in the Ocala National Forest for example, has quite a few January vacancies ranging from 1 to 5 days.

We've rented a house in FL in the winter for the past decade or so and plan to head South & West this winter-- not hitting FL. However there is a small chance that we'd hook up with some friends on short notice in FL for a week or so and wondered how that might work out. Thanks for the tip.

It depends on what part of Florida you are talking about. I think you would have trouble in the Keys. I know our place is booked solid through out the winter .

Jack L

depends on where in Florida, what periods and duration of stays. We are staying at one RV park for 3 months so we made our reservation a year in advance.  Last year we stayed at same park for 7 weeks and made that reservation a year head of time, along with 4 other stays in other locations in Florida for 5-6 day stays. Its an obvious winter destination and with lower/reasonable gas prices (at least for gas vehicles) will see more travelers I suspect.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom