Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ksmoody

I have a EMS-PT30C that I received used from a friend. It always reads about 6 to 7 volts too high on the display. Can I adjust the voltage display inside the unit to the correct voltage?

I used two different digital volt meters. They were both reading 121/122, while the unit was reading 128 volts. When the unit gets around 130 volts , it shuts down power to the RV. But my digital meters are still both reading a lower value at the outlet.

Call the company. They have a excellent warrantee and it may be covered. They replaced mine one time and no questions asked. I just told them what it was doing and they gave me a new one.

Phone: 1-800-307-6702 press 1

Also be aware that the voltage at the PT-30 may be higher than teh voltage at teh outlet. in fact guaranteeed it is though the difference can be anywhere from a high of a few volts to a low of like .000001 or some such.  Difference depends on the AMPS displayed on the PT's screen.

Definitely call Progressive.  They ask you to do some additional verification of the actual voltage at the outlet, but I'm confident they will repair or replace the EMS PT30C if it is indeed reading 6+ volts too high.  Their troubleshooting guide even says to file a warranty claim if in false high voltage outage occurs. The only open question is whether their lifetime warranty applies to a 2nd owner. Maybe your donor friend would make the claim?

Back
Top Bottom